Problem with Overall Status of Application

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Problem with Overall Status of Application

Post by guest »

Today when the site went back online I went to check the overall status of my application. To my shock and horror it know says that I am missing parts of my application. Has this happened to anyone else? I am really concerned, and emailed SMART, but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. All of my stuff was in on time, so I have no idea where this is coming from.

MLeanne

Re: Problem with Overall Status of Application

Post by MLeanne »

guest wrote:Today when the site went back online I went to check the overall status of my application. To my shock and horror it know says that I am missing parts of my application. Has this happened to anyone else? I am really concerned, and emailed SMART, but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. All of my stuff was in on time, so I have no idea where this is coming from.

I logged on a few hours ago and everything was there. However, I just looked and some things on the page have changed and there is also stuff missing on the overall status page. It changed Citizenship & Demographics, Academic Background, Awards & Honors, Summary of Goals, and GRE Scores to Not done. Also, it doesn't have the transcripts listed. They are probably still having problems...all my stuff was in on time too.

Smart-Applicant

Post by Smart-Applicant »

Same here. I actually Emailed them to find out if they have everything documented. I got confirmation everything was received, but I want to make sure they got it notated. I am experiencing the same issue. Loads marked as not done. I hope everyone managed to get their details submitted on time. Looks as if that February 1st deadline is approaching fast.

sdgz747

Post by sdgz747 »

I am having the same problem as well and wigging out over this whole thing! I just e-mailed them to see what's going on. My overall status page appears to have some items listed as 'done' and qutie a few items as 'not done.' I can't even access the page to update my location preferences. I am freaking out over this, I have even had problems from my college with transmitting my transcripts. I have had to go as far as going to the shool and having them put the transcripts into expedite envelopes to get them to the SMART team in time! Let me know if anyone has any idea about what's happened!

Smart-Applicant

Post by Smart-Applicant »

I am glad I am not the only one facing technical challenges with my college. I was in the same boat over my transcripts. I have multiple institutions that had to issue mine, as I am a graduate student. Suffice to say, getting everyone on the same page is not an easy task. Ultimately, I hope everything is smoothed out for people here. Honestly, I think they will be even that more understanding, seeing the technical hurdles that they are facing. Still, if one is to go off the notation on fingerprinting, the decision making for finalists should be quickly approaching. February 28 is not that far away. I am sure everyone is anticipating some words of confirmation, and these challenges just add to the jitters. I promise you folks, we all will get through them. Life is full of ups and downs and just have to go with the flow here. It's something you learn the older you get. Sit tight, maybe drop a confirmation email, and things will work out as they might.

Post by guest »

I just got a reply to my e-mail about the same problem. They said:

"We are currently working on our website, so please do not be concerned about the errors or incompletes you may see listed if you try to check your Overall Status at this time."

Hope this gives everyone a little relief. Good luck to everyone.

sdgz747

Post by sdgz747 »

Thanks for the update in regards to the e-mail. That's a relief, but it's still unnerving! Good luck to all and hope to hear finalist results soon!

sdgz747

Post by sdgz747 »

If anyone is interested, I just received an e-mail from the SMART Scholarship people in regards to the problems with the applications. This is what they said,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with the SMART applicant website. Our IT department is working on this issue and hopes to have the system restored as soon as possible. Meanwhile, please disregard any indications that sections of your application are incomplete.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hopefully that is helpful to anyone who is interested. Good luck to all!

FSU_Noles1

Post by FSU_Noles1 »

Is anyone still having problems with their overall status?

Mine says that my fall transcripts have not been received when I sent them in a while ago. I contacted them a little over a week ago and they said they were behind. Getting a little worried, anyone else have ths problem?

sdgz747

Post by sdgz747 »

My status is displaying fall transcripts received. You may want to check with them. I know about a month ago the SMART web-site had issues.