Rejection Letter Second Chance?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
cesarmonsalud

Rejection Letter Second Chance?

Post by cesarmonsalud »

Hi! So I got a rejection, but it says that they will continue to be giving out awards within the next couple of weeks. I just wanted to know what your thoughts are, such as:

1) Did all the rejection letters say you might get picked at a later date
2) Do a lot of people get accepted at a later date, or is this pretty much it.

If this is it, I guess I'll see you all again another day! I appreciate you all being here as a resource for each other, and good luck in your future endeavors!

random_semifinalist

Re: Rejection Letter Second Chance?

Post by random_semifinalist »

My letter also said a later date is possible..I'm assuming they say that to everyone but idk for sure.

tacoguest

Post by tacoguest »

Hey!

1) Mine said I could be contacted at a later date
2) I do not know, but from looking at the posts from 2019, there are some people who have gotten awards after the initial email.

Best to you and your future endeavors as well!

shyboy

Post by shyboy »

Hey ya'll. This is my second time applying and it's the same email for everyone they reject. It's because there is a "second round" of selections that come through after some who win the award decline the scholarship. I've heard that some people have been selected as late as June after getting the rejection letter.

cesarmonsalud

Post by cesarmonsalud »

shyboy wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:29 am
Hey ya'll. This is my second time applying and it's the same email for everyone they reject. It's because there is a "second round" of selections that come through after some who win the award decline the scholarship. I've heard that some people have been selected as late as June after getting the rejection letter.
Ooof haha. I am transferring out, so I will probably postpone committing to a school until the due date just to be safe hehe. Thank you for the details!

physicsgirl123

Post by physicsgirl123 »

I am in the 2019 cohort, I got accepted after a rejection because my SF had overlooked my application by accident. I recieved the acceptance notice at the end of April last year, around the 26th.
2019 Recipient | B.S. Physics

Rejected22

Post by Rejected22 »

Was your SF apart of your top 3? I'm trying to still have hope and prayer but I'm freaking out.
physicsgirl123 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:33 am
I am in the 2019 cohort, I got accepted after a rejection because my SF had overlooked my application by accident. I recieved the acceptance notice at the end of April last year, around the 26th.

physicsgirl123

Post by physicsgirl123 »

Rejected22 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:17 pm
Was your SF apart of your top 3? I'm trying to still have hope and prayer but I'm freaking out.
physicsgirl123 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:33 am
Yes. Mine was my 2nd choice. Just so you are aware there are several SFs that generally don’t take SMART students or they only take SMART students who they know of from previous internships. The other SFs I applied to both didn’t take SMART students for those reasons. I happened to be the first undergrad my SF has taken. Don’t lose faith. Good luck!!
2019 Recipient | B.S. Physics

SecondChanceGuest

Post by SecondChanceGuest »

I received the April 6 rejection e-mail and was accepted today.

rejectrevival

Post by rejectrevival »

I had been rejected and then today received an award email with a base That was my second choice. I interviewed with another base not in my top 3.
Mechanical Engineering, 2.5 years left