SMART Application - Request for Information

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
SMARTQuestion98

SMART Application - Request for Information

Post by SMARTQuestion98 »

I recently got an email from SMART saying they might call some applicants tomorrow (March 24) with a few questions and requests for clarification regarding the submitted application. Has any past applicants received this email around this time of the process? If so, do you know what they ask for?

shyboy

Re: SMART Application - Request for Information

Post by shyboy »

I'm thinking that it's a call for those that were undecided on the school they were going to... Unless this is about SF ranking?

throwaway

Post by throwaway »

Is it bad if you didn’t get this email?

rocknrollguest

Post by rocknrollguest »

I did not get this email, oh no :(

jrjeff

Post by jrjeff »

What was the email about?

fishman

Post by fishman »

Do only those who were requested by multiple SF receive this email?

rocknrollguest

Post by rocknrollguest »

Anyone get a phone call today?

Post by Guest »

I haven’t heard a single thing since I was notified I was a semi-finalist. They were either blown away by my background or just didn’t need anyone from my field.

mediumsnowman1

Post by mediumsnowman1 »

I'm in exactly the same boat.

processingvideo

Post by processingvideo »

My mentor was a SMART scholar (she's actually in the video on the main page); she didn't have any interviews or communication prior to her award either. When I told her I'm trying not to think too much on it, she said "You are right, it will entirely depend on who is evaluating your package and how they feel that day.".

So like...at this point, there's no point in worrying, I feel. -shrug-

Post by Guest »

processingvideo wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:36 pm
My mentor was a SMART scholar (she's actually in the video on the main page); she didn't have any interviews or communication prior to her award either. When I told her I'm trying not to think too much on it, she said "You are right, it will entirely depend on who is evaluating your package and how they feel that day.".

So like...at this point, there's no point in worrying, I feel. -shrug-
That’s how I’m feeling about the NSF GRFP. Within the same week I’ll either be awarded a lucrative scholarship or have my heart ripped out twice.

shyboy

Post by shyboy »

So.... Anybody get a call??

Jakey

Post by Jakey »

shyboy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:27 am
So.... Anybody get a call??
No call, but also no email. Total radio silence over here! But as others have indicated, it doesn’t mean much. No news could very well be good news.

farqueir

Post by farqueir »

I had two SF's show interest in me but no email or phone call asking for information
'20 Finalist | CS Undergrad w/ math minor

shyboy

Post by shyboy »

Yeah, same here @Jakey. I didn't receive an email either, so I'm just crossing my fingers. Days are passing slowly on quarantine :lol:

rocknrollguest

Post by rocknrollguest »

Can I just say, I really appreciate all of you guys for keeping us all updated. I didn’t get an email or any calls relating to this and I was panicking a tad (gotta love quarantines) and after reading everyone’s posts I feel much better. Anyways, I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully we hear back on the decision date soon!