What are the best facilities for Computer Science Majors?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
CompSciGuy

What are the best facilities for Computer Science Majors?

Post by CompSciGuy »

Hi!

I know most of you are engineers, but I'm hoping there are a few computer scientists out there. My internship started a few weeks ago and I really hate it. All we do is look over contractors' work and fill out forms.

I am getting degrees in Computer Science and Computer Security so I think there should be some interesting opportunities out there. Also, my supervisor said he would help me transfer somewhere else if I want to. So, does anyone with a similar background actually enjoy working at their facility or know of a facility that is doing interesting compsci/sec work?

Inuyushi

Re: What are the best facilities for Computer Science Majors

Post by Inuyushi »

I have been working at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD for the past two years and have hated working here because all everything we do here is Computer Science stuff(I'm a Mechanical Engineering Major...so yea). look up AMSAA if you're interested. A good amount of M&S is done at AMSAA.

Re: What are the best facilities for Computer Science Majors

Post by Guest »

I'm working at Warner Robins, AFB in GA. We have a decent bit of Compsci here. It's slow right now because of paperwork, but we are going to be doing a lot of higher level software design rather than just plug and chug coding.