rate Kirtland AFRL Space Vehicles?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
jayveeMSE

rate Kirtland AFRL Space Vehicles?

Post by jayveeMSE »

Another post. Anyone here currently working/interned at Kirtland AFB and can rate their experience at AFRL-SV? Do you enjoy your work and is it worth living in ABQ for a few years?

new scholar

Re: rate Kirtland AFRL Space Vehicles?

Post by new scholar »

Piggy backing off of this post, if you work or interned at Kirtland Nuclear Weapons Center, I would love to hear more about the facility and your time at it! That’s my SF and I’m so excited, and would love to hear others’ experiences!

Account1591987

Post by Account1591987 »

Before I answer the question about RV, what is your majors and where do your interest lie? Also, what do you want to know?

Whether or not you like Albuquerque will be based on a two factors: Where you are coming from and what you are expecting in your new home? By no means is ABQ small town nor is it major metropolis like NYC. However, It has is own unique flavor, that becomes very homely after a while. Like with any city you have crime and I would never leave a bike unlocked but if you mind your own business its not anything to worry about. Housing is affordable, and there is lots to do in the city (before covid) and out. Hiking, fishing, mountain biking, lakes, hot springs, and more are all within a 1.5 hour radius of the city. If you have any particular questions about the city, let me know.

jayveeMSE

Post by jayveeMSE »

I'm getting my PhD in Materials Science funded through SMART. I've done work in single crystal growth, composites, and semiconductors, so something related would be cool, but I'm open to about anything. Do you currently work at RV? What do research scientists/engineers work on while they're there?

And that sounds awesome, I've heard a lot of great things about ABQ. Thanks for sharing that.