May 2020 Grad Still Waiting for Job?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Brooooooooooo

May 2020 Grad Still Waiting for Job?

Post by Brooooooooooo »

Are there any other May 2020 grad without job placement within their SF, or even an estimated start date? This is insane right?

ky502

Re: May 2020 Grad Still Waiting for Job?

Post by ky502 »

Brooooooooooo wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:54 pm
Are there any other May 2020 grad without job placement within their SF, or even an estimated start date? This is insane right?
I probably still would be if I hadn't annoyed the life out of my SF. As soon as COVID became serious (April), I began emailing my boss every two weeks for an update. At the end of June, they finally I think onboarded me just to get it over with. I don't know if that will work for everyone, but it is what worked for me.

Brooooooooo

Post by Brooooooooo »

I email my SF at about the same frequency with no luck. Thanks though! It doesn’t help that they have no idea what department I’ll be in (the one I interned with apparently doesn’t have a spot now?). And there’s been at least three different people in the person of contact position at my SF since August.

At this point I could have been 1/4 done with my stupid commitment.

malarious

Post by malarious »

Have you received your clearance? Sometimes your clearance takes an astronomically long time, it took me 3 years. I was graduated several months before I was notified it went through.

I graduated in December, was called about it being done in June, emails and offer letters in July, and had orientation and started working in August. So 8 months is not impossible if you have done everything right. That said, COVID makes everything worse and many SF's are running 80% telecommute, which slows a lot of things down.

Hang in there. They will tell you if something is wrong.

Broooooooooooooo

Post by Broooooooooooooo »

Update, received a job offer and a start date for March

MainRotorGearbox

Post by MainRotorGearbox »

Were you getting a stipend this whole time?

Broooooooo

Post by Broooooooo »

MainRotorGearbox wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:13 pm
Were you getting a stipend this whole time?
Yes! I’ve still been receiving the stipend.