SF difficult to contact

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
justcurious

SF difficult to contact

Post by justcurious »

As a 2019 recipient still in school, I'm wondering if anyone else has trouble getting their SF to communicate with them? I have a "mentor" that is subject to change who rarely answers my emails with questions. I'm not even sure who my SF coordinator is supposed to be, but the one I've been contacting typically answers after multiple emails.
I need to determine whether my SF will still let me intern this Summer or if I need to schedule Summer classes, as the deadline for my University is approaching.
Just wondering if this is typical for scholars still in the education phase. Thanks.

ZoeLavander

Re: SF difficult to contact

Post by ZoeLavander »

Well are you trying to reach them through a government email? If so, then yes it is normal to have to email them multiple times because sometimes the government email system will flag your non-government email and block your email, causing you to have to resend the email before it'll go through cuz the system thinks it's spam. Send an email and then if you don't get a response in 3 days, then forward the email you wrote to the person again with saying you weren't sure if they received it so you are sending it again and that normally works for me.

Also, unless you are within a 50 mile radius, all internships are still waived this summer due to the coronavirus and SMART won't allow you to do your internship unless it's within the 50 mile radius as per their letter.

I would just contact SMART about considering summer classes so you can get whatever paperwork you need out of the way and approved so you can do summer classes if your University is closing on that soon.

justcurious

Re: SF difficult to contact

Post by justcurious »

Ahh I see. That makes sense. My home is within 50 miles of my SF so I'm trying to see if I can still complete the internship, I'll forward emails again to my POCs. Thank you!