SF Hire You As A Contractor

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
guest33

SF Hire You As A Contractor

Post by guest33 »

Has anyone had their SF hire them as a contractor when they arrived to fulfill they're commitment?

It is commonplace at my SF that a lot of the people who work full time on projects are hired through outside contractors.

Someone made a comment yesterday that has me worried that could happen to me. My commitment wouldn't count towards putting in my 20 years and retirement. I also would not be able to transfer within the government system after my commitment.

kbl2017

Re: SF Hire You As A Contractor

Post by kbl2017 »

No, you should be hired as a full time civilian. If you're not it wouldn't even count towards your service commitment. They also want you to continue working for them after your commitment it's not like a 2 years and then leave type deal (unless you want to leave). Assuming someone has been talking to you about your pay scale (GS scale or other) you do not need to worry, contractors are not paid on the same scale.

You may be hired as a contractor during your internship though because there are weird rules about how you're not paid by the base.