Leave during Phase 2 and not tell SMART?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Leave during Phase 2 and not tell SMART?

Post by administrator »

How about this.

Not telling SMART could definitely get you in legal trouble, and if someone wants to argue in court who has harmed the other party more, they can be my guest.

Unfortunately, our genius OP posted from work and I'm not about to have SMART subpoenaing me for his IP, so imma just pretend this thread didn't happen.

This thread is now about pancakes. I like banana.

LefttheAF

Post by LefttheAF »

I'm a fan of banana, but my wife is allergic, so chocolate chip for me!

Post by Guest »

Currently in Phase II; can't afford pancakes.

Post by Guest »

So I guess if you have a problem with SMART, you better take it to court. Don't you dare mention it here.

RPI CSE

Post by RPI CSE »

Guest wrote:So I guess if you have a problem with SMART, you better take it to court. Don't you dare mention it here.
Ehhh... no, as you can see by the million complaints that have been left up. If you are planning on doing a potentially illegal dumb, don't post it here, especially from a work computer...

Also, to all the Phase II's who can't afford pancakes, I am so so sorry, just know that it does get better

Meeeeh

Post by Meeeeh »

Also Phase II, apparently y'all got screwed. I eat my pancakes with pure maple syrup pulled from trees by dirty contractors, served on platters made of test equipment by beautiful dependents of my military counterparts.

Post by Guest »

Wow. Nothing shuts people up faster than the administrator outing someone that's posting while they're at work. Why would you even disclose that? Nobody would have any idea unless you went out of your way to put the OP on blast. Pretty stupid all around, and it makes everyone else question whether or not it's safe to post here.

administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Guest wrote:Wow. Nothing shuts people up faster than the administrator outing someone that's posting while they're at work. Why would you even disclose that? Nobody would have any idea unless you went out of your way to put the OP on blast. Pretty stupid all around, and it makes everyone else question whether or not it's safe to post here.
Snarky answer:
What OP? There is no OP. I can't rat someone out for a post that doesn't exist.

Real answer:
There is a line you shouldn't cross, and it was. I have enough real work to do; I don't appreciate people putting me in situations where I need to clean up their mess. Please pay attention to what you post online. Just because SMART does not run this site it does not mean that what you say can never have repercussions.

So, in case it wasn't absolutely clear: If you post from a logged in account, I have your email address and IP. If you post anonymously, I still have your IP. If for some reason I get a legitimate court order (i.e. talking about illegal things) to turn over information, I will. If I don't think it's legitimate, I will have no desire to respond, but I'm not going to fight it very hard.

Why are IPs recorded? A) I don't know how to turn it off, and I don't feel like figuring it. B) They're used extensively for spam filtering.

Oh, and my taxes pay your salary.

Post by Guest »

Fair enough. I don't have the original post right in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the guy just asked a question. There's an answer to that question, and it seems like it should have been sufficient to provide the answer. If I say, "Hey, what would happen if I didn't pay my taxes this year?" I'm pretty sure that doesn't qualify as conspiracy to commit tax fraud, and I don't think that people responding to that question are guilty of anything illegal either.

Obviously, you are the one that has to decide what goes on this forum. I just felt like it was a bit harsh to divulge that he was at work. But yeah, obviously he should be working. As should the thousands (hundreds of thousands? millions?) of other gov't employees that spend their day cruising reddit. Anyway, keep doing what you're doing. Still a big fan of this forum. And that's all I have to say about that.