SF 87

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
voosmachstee

SF 87

Post by voosmachstee »

What do you put in the boxes: "Title and Address", "Position to which appointed to", "Department, Bureau, and Duty Station", "Serial NO", and "FBI NO"?

Re: SF 87

Post by Guest »

That section is filled out by the person authorized to fingerprint you

BROCKMAE

Post by BROCKMAE »

I had mine filled out at my local PD. The officer who finger printed me didn't fill in any of that information. I went back the next day after realizing this and the same officer wasn't on duty. I asked one of the ladies working there what info should go there and she said that their department never filled in that info... the "title and address, position to which appointed, department, bureau and duty station". The officer that did my prints just signed his name, badge number, and stamped the back of my form with an ink stamp that listed the department name and address. The receptionists put information in the blanks per my request and filled in "Police Officer, Police Officer, Port Orange Police Department". Everyone who worked there seemed extremely ignorant/oblivious to the fields and I hope my SF-87's are still accepted. Everything about them is legit. I know they were received on the first or second day of March and I haven't received any notification that they aren't acceptable. But... chances are no one has even looked at them probably... I'll let you guys know if I learn anything.

bravefLencer

Post by bravefLencer »

same deal, police offer just filled in his name. All i did was fill in the police department and city, state. Hopefully mine are accepted as they are. I would complain but mine were done free of charge....but still

Post by Guest »

The officer that did my SF-87 was fairly confused by the fields on the SF-87. He even brought over another officer to ask what he should put, and that officer said, "I'm never sure, I probably put something different every time." So, I'm guessing they get a variety of ways that people fill out those forms and are still able to handle it.

Post by Guest »

the officer that did mine crammed his name, badge #, & police station all in one box. (guess he thought the other boxes were for me??) it's tiny, but legible.

on a side note, i asked him what race code i should use for "predominant race", since i'm half asian, half caucasian. he told me, "to be honest, i just always put either white or black for everyone." wow, haha. i ended up putting A for asian, since those seem to be my "predominant" traits