Fingerprinting

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
hopede40

Fingerprinting

Post by hopede40 »

I went and got fingerprinted today and they did it with a digital fingerprinting machine. I would assume that printing from that would be ok, but the instructions on the back of the card seem to imply using the old method of fingerprinting. Does anybody know if this is allowed, or does the fingerprinting have to be done by pressing your finger into ink and then onto the paper? Really do not want to have to go through the hassle of getting new cards and getting reprinted. Or I guess more like I do not want to delay the process any longer than necessary.

Re: Fingerprinting

Post by Guest »

I did my finger prints with my work's security officer who had upgraded to one of these machines. The cards they put in should be the exact same SF-87s you got mailed - so we should be okay. What's more, the machine has your data now and can transmit those over to Monterey if the cards get damaged in transit somehow. I'll post again if there's a problem...

Tristan

Re: Fingerprinting

Post by Tristan »

Digital fingerprinting worked fine for my SF-87. My local police department doesn't even use the old ink method anymore.