Question for Chris Molder/recipients of the award!

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Ashley

Question for Chris Molder/recipients of the award!

Post by Ashley »

Hello,

I was wondering how accurate is SMART with timeline. Do you think we would know in April about the award or will it be in the summer time?

Thanks for all your help!

kujayhawk47

Re: Question for Chris Molder/recipients of the award!

Post by kujayhawk47 »

a
Last edited by kujayhawk47 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

2012_UMD

Post by 2012_UMD »

After the long wait last year, all bets are off. The crisis-to-crisis budget negotiations could be just as much of a delay this year as it was last year.

Chris Moulder

Post by Chris Moulder »

The dates are perpetually wrong and the sequester will only make it worse.

In the past they have extended the application deadline and even given out awards after orientation. April seems right, but it's not worth worrying about.

Your best bet is to handle things as they come.

MSE13

Post by MSE13 »

Another question to the recipients, did any of you receive multiple interviews from different sponsoring facilities?

Nunya

Post by Nunya »

I only received one telephone interview; however, there were several cohorts at orientation that received multiple ones. I also believe I have seen somwhere on this board people that received multiple telephone interviews and did not recieve the scholarship. Just my .017.

responder

Post by responder »

In short, NO. There are no solid deadlines, there aren't even rough deadlines. Do not count on an official date. That's nearly impossible for me since Im a total control freak. BUT luckily I got my success email when I was looking for something else entirely, so I was taken by surprise because it was off my mind, and it was in May haha (Im a 2011 cohort)

I got my phone call about this time of year from my SF. I know it was mid to late March.