Prospective SMART APP

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
electroflux

Prospective SMART APP

Post by electroflux »

Hi I will be a freshman at a polytech school (ask if you would like to know which one) this fall. according to the smart website, my particular school gave out around 25 scholarships. Since there is such a large amount given out, will I have a greater chance, or does it depend on my credentials. Im not sure how I would qualify for this award as a freshmen, because I dont really have any experience with engineering just yet. I went to an engineering summer camp, but that seems mediocre to list.

I'm just wondering what my chances are. I have had very good grades throughout high school and a wide range of extracurriculars. Im not sure what else the program is looking for, especially as a freshman.

Can anyone give insight to this?

Also, when exactly does the application become available?

fish_

Re: Prospective SMART APP

Post by fish_ »

your school didn't give out the SMART scholarships, 25 students at the school were awarded the SMART money from SMART. your chances depend on your major, and the need of that major by DoD. apply, or you have no cahnce. look for the application dates on the SMART web site