SMART Interviews?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Guest2014

SMART Interviews?

Post by Guest2014 »

I'm curious, has anyone been interviewed by SMART yet? I read everyone recommended for an award by a DoD facility will get a call from the SMART team.

Thanks!

guest1

Re: SMART Interviews?

Post by guest1 »

I was recommended by a facility, but I have not heard anything from SMART yet. No interview.

empty

Post by empty »

The website has always (to my knowledge) said that the SPO will call for interviews with those who are considered after the sites submit their suggestions; however, it is not true that they call for phone interviews with every candidate who is under consideration.

I received the award and was never interviewed by SMART after my SF recommended me for the award.

I have no idea whether my case was a slight exception or the rule.

smart_hopeful

Post by smart_hopeful »

Also recommended by a facility. Haven't heard squat from SMART. I suspect that no one has gotten a call yet. Hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with the potential funding problems.

Oh well, as long as we hear something on or around their April 9 date, I'll be happy.

Post by Guest »

I read a lot of the older forums posts. They didn't conduct the phone interviews last year, either (if I remember correctly - you can double check for yourself). I'm pretty sure they're just really bad about updating the site/timelines.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I read a lot of the older forums posts. They didn't conduct the phone interviews last year, either (if I remember correctly - you can double check for yourself). I'm pretty sure they're just really bad about updating the site/timelines.
I never had a phone interview in the 2010 cohort.