Multiple agency confusion..please help if you know

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Jerry Rigging

Multiple agency confusion..please help if you know

Post by Jerry Rigging »

So, I have a couple questions. Let me tell you the story. I worked at a facility, let's call Base 1, for an internship. A semester long. They told me about the smart scholarship. I applied. I put Base 1 on my preference list, among others, but not really sure where I wanted to go. I recently got a call from Base 1 saying that they are sorting things out on their end and would let me know how things unfold. Soon after, I got a call from another base, Base 2. Base 2 is not on my preferred list. Me personally, would much rather work for Base 2. Base 1 now knows about Base 2 calling, because I kept them in the loop. Now when push comes to shove..if they both recommend me...then I feel the SPO will pick Base 1, based on my preference list. I really do have a huge preference to Base 2. Can I email and change my preference list? Should I take the risk and tell Base 1 to take me off their recommendation list, risking a scholarship? Should I call Base 2 and tell them the situation? I am stressing too much about this. Any and all information and advice will be appreciated.

PS I find it safe to say..if Base 1 is my only offering facility then i might decline the award....on the other hand, if my facility is not with Base 2, I might want to try and work for them anyway. Please help lol

waiting

Re: Multiple agency confusion..please help if you know

Post by waiting »

I am unsure of what you should do, but you definitely already received a phone call for an interview? I am waiting for a phone call, but was unsure if they had actually started calling people yet.

Jerry Rigging

Post by Jerry Rigging »

waiting wrote:I am unsure of what you should do, but you definitely already received a phone call for an interview? I am waiting for a phone call, but was unsure if they had actually started calling people yet.

I have already received a call. I am not sure when phone interviews will completely be conducted. Do you know if phone interviews happen before a facility chooses their picks or if they interview and then choose their picks.....

Waiting

Post by Waiting »

Pretty sure it's call then decision.