UNBELIEVABLE

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
TheEmbryRiddler

UNBELIEVABLE

Post by TheEmbryRiddler »

DUDE!

I made the first cut with a 2.7 GPA from Riddle!! I mean, I knew it was the best school out there for basically any degree. . .but I thought for sure I wouldn't make the first cut!!

I'm so stoked!

JohnnyFireball

Re: UNBELIEVABLE

Post by JohnnyFireball »

yeah dude. . .well I mean a 2.7 GPA at Riddle is pretty much equal to a 3.9 GPA at a school like Georgia Tech

anotherGuest

Post by anotherGuest »

JohnnyFireball wrote:yeah dude. . .well I mean a 2.7 GPA at Riddle is pretty much equal to a 3.9 GPA at a school like Georgia Tech
HAHAHA. Not to say Riddle isn't a very tough school, but if you went to GT you sure as hell wouldn't be saying that.

jramcam

Post by jramcam »

I go to Georgia Tech and I can assure, they make you earn your GPA here. It is too easy to generalize and say that a 2.7 GPA from Embry-Riddle is equivalent to a 3.9 GPA from Tech, to make that statement you would need to choose one major to compare and review both schools curriculum and rankings for that major. I am not saying that Embry-Riddle is not tough or that it does not have a good program, it is ranked number 1 in Aerospace Engineering for schools where doctorate degrees are not offered, but you should not fall in such generalizations.

Embry Ridiculous

Post by Embry Ridiculous »

A 2.7 at Tech is equivalent to a 3.9 and Embry Riddle is way closer to the truth than the OPs statement

empty

Post by empty »

This is a totally nonsensical argument since one is making the assumption that the entire quality of a school is based upon a singular student's GPA. I understand school pride, however, if everyone here is supposed to be scientists, lets not be given to false comparisons or hyperbole.

There is no need to denigrate others to make yourself feel good. Congrats to moving to the second round all.

guest471

Post by guest471 »

TheEmbryRiddler wrote:DUDE!

I made the first cut with a 2.7 GPA from Riddle!! I mean, I knew it was the best school out there for basically any degree. . .but I thought for sure I wouldn't make the first cut!!

I'm so stoked!
Dude! Judging by your breathtaking way with words, I'm really surprised you managed a 2.7 GPA. As "stoked" as you may be, a 2.7 looks the same on a resume whether you went to MIT or ITT- you're a C student, DUDE. That's just real life.

A friendly piece of advice- you probably don't want to go around bragging about how low your GPA is. Eventually somebody's going to agree that it's pretty "unbelievable" that you made it as far as you did.

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent.

xkcd13

Post by xkcd13 »

guest471 wrote: Dude! Judging by your breathtaking way with words, I'm really surprised you managed a 2.7 GPA. As "stoked" as you may be, a 2.7 looks the same on a resume whether you went to MIT or ITT- you're a C student, DUDE. That's just real life.

A friendly piece of advice- you probably don't want to go around bragging about how low your GPA is. Eventually somebody's going to agree that it's pretty "unbelievable" that you made it as far as you did.

Nailed it.

me123

Post by me123 »

Now now children, let's play nice. We are all in the same boat here.

GeneMauch

Post by GeneMauch »

guest471 wrote:
TheEmbryRiddler wrote:DUDE!

I'm so stoked!
Dude! Judging by your breathtaking way with words, I'm really surprised you managed a 2.7 GPA. As "stoked" as you may be, a 2.7 looks the same on a resume whether you went to MIT or ITT- you're a C student, DUDE. That's just real life.

Shake your dicks, this pissing contest is over!

Post by Guest »

lol i thought the op was a joke... surprised with that gpa he could figure out the spambot question :P

ERAUGuyAsWell

Post by ERAUGuyAsWell »

Hey man, I'm from Riddle as well. It's a great school but a 2.7 is terribad. I made it to final cut with mine at 3.6 and really strong references and resume and got denied. You're going to need a higher GPA now to be even considered seeing how competitive it was last year and it probably will be this year.