2012 Applicants

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
sotired

Re: 2012 Applicants

Post by sotired »

Guest wrote:
theREALveryanxiouss wrote:
veryanxioussss wrote:Wow that was easier than expected. Very straight forward.

Notifications for award winners will go out today at 4pm

Condolence emails will be sent out tomorrow sometime. Then there's the two week waiting period for second round offers, etc...

Good luck!

^^^^Whoever wrote that was NOT me......

^^someone is messing around here. i should have asked for a time zone but it was a call to DC so i'm guessing EST... 20 minutes people!
this forum is bad for my heart

WestToEast

Post by WestToEast »

sotired wrote:

^^someone is messing around here. i should have asked for a time zone but it was a call to DC so i'm guessing EST... 20 minutes people!
this forum is bad for my heart[/quote]

for serious. This whole process has taken years off my life.

WaitingIsFun

Post by WaitingIsFun »

Just keep Trolling Trolling Trolling.

I needed a laugh (though it was not I).

TheREALVeryanxiouss

Post by TheREALVeryanxiouss »

Just got a voicemail. Will try again in a minute.

Stand by.

TheREALveryanxiouss

Post by TheREALveryanxiouss »

Such is my luck. Voicemail both times. I should be studying...

I'll keep trying...

merrr

Post by merrr »

TheREALVeryanxiouss wrote:Just got a voicemail. Will try again in a minute.

Stand by.
I tried calling once yesterday and once today. I got voicemail both times. Maybe they aren't picking up at all on purpose?

WestToEast

Post by WestToEast »

All the drama is unfolding right when I have to go take a physics test. I'm sure I'll have a lot to catch up on here in an hour and a half.

hahaha

Post by hahaha »

In moments like this, I like to think that someone from the SPO is following this forum, and laughing their asses off. They probably share particularly entertaining posts with their cube-mates.

MrTee

Post by MrTee »

theREALveryanxiouss wrote:
veryanxioussss wrote:Wow that was easier than expected. Very straight forward.

Notifications for award winners will go out today at 4pm

Condolence emails will be sent out tomorrow sometime. Then there's the two week waiting period for second round offers, etc...

Good luck!

^^^^Whoever wrote that was NOT me......
Someone at the SMART Office is laughing their head off.
"This is going to be hillarious! Watch me troll all of the applicants."

Post by Guest »

hahaha wrote:In moments like this, I like to think that someone from the SPO is following this forum, and laughing their asses off. They probably share particularly entertaining posts with their cube-mates.
They probably have an RSS feed on a big screen so they can all watch as we squirm.

detroitsaab93

Post by detroitsaab93 »

I sent a email asking when we will be notified earlier today at 2:26 PM. No answer as of yet. Maybe they are busy trying to get everything ready... I hope.

hahaha

Post by hahaha »

Guest wrote:
hahaha wrote:In moments like this, I like to think that someone from the SPO is following this forum, and laughing their asses off. They probably share particularly entertaining posts with their cube-mates.
They probably have an RSS feed on a big screen so they can all watch as we squirm.
But doesn't it make you feel better that someone is enjoying the process? ... No, me either.

green31OSU

Post by green31OSU »

detroitsaab93 wrote:I sent a email asking when we will be notified earlier today at 2:26 PM. No answer as of yet. Maybe they are busy trying to get everything ready... I hope.
Maybe they all took the day off. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

aeroswag

Post by aeroswag »

The SMART website has been changed, it seems like its running a green color scheme as compared to a blue one? The updated date at the bottom has changed to today

me123

Post by me123 »

hahaha wrote:
Guest wrote:
But doesn't it make you feel better that someone is enjoying the process? ... No, me either.
Whenever anyone writes in it slows the process. They have to drop that person from the acceptance list and put a runner up in his place.

gueast

Post by gueast »

aeroswag wrote:The SMART website has been changed, it seems like its running a green color scheme as compared to a blue one? The updated date at the bottom has changed to today
Strange...it's only the home page that has a new update date at the bottom. All of the other pages I looked at still had old update dates.

me123

Post by me123 »

gueast wrote:
aeroswag wrote:The SMART website has been changed, it seems like its running a green color scheme as compared to a blue one? The updated date at the bottom has changed to today
Strange...it's only the home page that has a new update date at the bottom. All of the other pages I looked at still had old update dates.
Green must mean they got their funding.

aerostudd

Post by aerostudd »

I noticed the webpage. The date is changed to todays. So they must be updating it because i went to FAQs and it said page not found. hmmm could they be preparing/updating the website so when awards go out, awardees can log in? hmmm.....

Oh and screw the guy that thought it would be funny to post as veryanxiousss. I really thought it was 4, JERK.

I'm loosing it. I need to know.

sotired

Post by sotired »

i really hope i get it so i can troll next year's applicants in this forum next year.
otherwise, i'll be rolling my thumbs again around this time next year.

theREALveryanxiouss

Post by theREALveryanxiouss »

Sorry I got held up guys--ran into a colleague.

I called three times, voicemails all three times.

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In_Stitches

Post by In_Stitches »

A point of contact for the army said that (as of 3:00 PM) the ASEE has yet approve the budget for the various Army awardees. Considering what us going on on the recipients side, this makes me question the likelhood of hearing back today or even tomorrow.

2012_UMD

Post by 2012_UMD »

Wow: less than 200 more ciews till tjis thread has the most views on the entire board.

WestToEast

Post by WestToEast »

In_Stitches wrote:A point of contact for the army said that (as of 3:00 PM) the ASEE has yet approve the budget for the various Army awardees. Considering what us going on on the recipients side, this makes me question the likelhood of hearing back today or even tomorrow.

If that's true, then we probably won't be hearing back for a while. In which case, I guess its time to stop worrying.

sotired

Post by sotired »

WestToEast wrote:
In_Stitches wrote:A point of contact for the army said that (as of 3:00 PM) the ASEE has yet approve the budget for the various Army awardees. Considering what us going on on the recipients side, this makes me question the likelhood of hearing back today or even tomorrow.

If that's true, then we probably won't be hearing back for a while. In which case, I guess its time to stop worrying.
this makes me extremely angry

JustWondering

Post by JustWondering »

Just a quick question: I was reading through some of the material related to accepting the scholarship and it said that there is a $5,000 cap on outside scholarships. I'm assuming this is old, however, since there are several other posts throughout this forum that say this cap has been removed. I guess I'm just looking for a definitive place where I can find this in writing, can anyone provide a link?