Any updates?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Smelley

Any updates?

Post by Smelley »

Has anyone received any sort of semi-finalist notification? I know they said they wouldn’t release the list this year but other forums are saying otherwise. Also I can’t get into my application portal account anyone else having this issue?

rmathguy

What Other Forums?

Post by rmathguy »

To answer your question, it seems like there were no semi-finalist notifications this year, as far as this forum and myself and others could tell.

But my question for you is what other forums are you checking? I'm also anxiously waiting.

MechEMonster

Re: Any updates?

Post by MechEMonster »

I haven't heard anything. I was interviewed in mid February. I also have been unable to login to my smart portal. There is a 404 error game to play everything time I try to log on. I think the earliest we can expect finalist offers is around March 30th-mid April based on previous application cycles.

jjzzz

Post by jjzzz »

I did receive a notification for semifinalist early March. They called me for a quick interview about how I heard about Smart and facility preferences but that was about it. The 404 game occurs for me as well.

CivilEngGuest

Post by CivilEngGuest »

I have the same 404 error when trying to enter the portal, and I am nervously checking the forum almost daily. I'll probably soon stop the habit as a few more days go on...

shark92

Post by shark92 »

jjzzz wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:46 pm
I did receive a notification for semifinalist early March. They called me for a quick interview about how I heard about Smart and facility preferences but that was about it. The 404 game occurs for me as well.
What did your notification look like? I received an interview in February and it went well but I haven't received a semifinalist notification.

jjzzz

Post by jjzzz »

shark92 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:24 pm
jjzzz wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:46 pm
What did your notification look like? I received an interview in February and it went well but I haven't received a semifinalist notification.
It was just an email stating they were following up with semifinalists. I had thought they weren't doing semifinalists this year though. They just called me and asked questions like how I heard about smart and if I had any interviews and how they went. They also asked me about my facility preference list. They did stress that this was in no way an award offer however.