Working mom, loads of questions

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Working mom, loads of questions

Post by Guest »

I have completed 2 years of engineering studies, and then transferred to finish a 2 year degree in electronics. I am currently working, and need to support my family. Long story short, I have been accepted as a transfer student come the Fall of 2012 to a SMART supported school to study engineering. How do i go about applying and get around the "undergraduates must be currently enrolled?"

xkcd13

Re: Working mom, loads of questions

Post by xkcd13 »

Unfortunately, I think you might have to wait until next year to apply.

RPI CSE

Post by RPI CSE »

My advice would be to call the SMART office to ask them about it and see if there is anything you can do. Requirements change each year, and I do not believe this was a requirement when I applied. Best of luck!

Gabe

Post by Gabe »

I believe that being accepted is plenty. You do not, or at least you didn't, have to be currently enrolled in at your school. You do have to be accepted to the school I believe. Considering that if you are awarded it wont begin untill fall 2012 the timing works out perfectly. Good luck!

Chris Moulder

Post by Chris Moulder »

The current application period is for the Fall 2012 school year. You should apply now.

Post by Guest »

Yeah I transferred to a new institution and received my first semester of funding at my first semester there. You don't have to be currently enrolled. Apply.