Time it Takes to Get Reference Letter

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Lindsay

Time it Takes to Get Reference Letter

Post by Lindsay »

Hi, I was wondering how long it is taking everyone else on here to get their letters of recommendation uploaded and then updated on the SMART status page?

I emailed the three people I am using as references over a month ago and they all said they could do it for me....I told each of them that I would be submitting their email address to SMART and that they would get en email with instructions on how to submit a reference.

I am getting worried that the SMART app still says no reference letters have been submitted because it has been about 5 weeks... is anyone else having the same problem? I had smart send each of them a 'reminder' a few days ago. I don't want to seem pushy, but I know they are all busy people and may have forgotten... any one else having the same problem? I figured my references would want to get it finished before holidays and finals set in, so I sent it as soon as possible....

Also, as far as any of you know, does the SMART reference status page update pretty quickly after a reference is submitted? Maybe I shouldn't worry too much because they have a month and a half to still do it, but I want to make sure my application is complete by December 1st!

Thanks!

qwerty

Re: Time it Takes to Get Reference Letter

Post by qwerty »

For mine, the time in between when my references sent the letter (by email) and the posting online was almost immediate. That was last year, and near the deadline.