Site Visit After Award Deadline

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
noblefishh

Site Visit After Award Deadline

Post by noblefishh »

So I've been informed that my SF's site visit will not take place until after the April 19th deadline to accept the award. I was really hoping to get a better insight into the facility before committing several years to it.

I noticed that the actual award does not begin being disbursed until after this summer. So I was wondering if I accept the award now and something during the site visit changes my mind, would I be able to rescind my acceptance before the end of summer without penalty?

anon2002

Re: Site Visit After Award Deadline

Post by anon2002 »

Site visits offer SFs an opportunity to orient the awardee with the facility and prepare the awardee for future internships and employment. The site visit is an opportunity for awardees to ensure personal suitability with the SF prior to the start of the award. Recruitment awardees submit a site visit report to the SMART Program detailing the awardee site visit experience within 5 days of the conclusion of the site visit. After completion of the site visit, awardees who do not feel comfortable with their placement will have the option to withdraw from the SMART Program without penalty, via the Site Visit Report.

ya you can back out after the site visit. This is in the handbook near the end of page 17