Awardee 'Tasks To Do'

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
worried_childe

Awardee 'Tasks To Do'

Post by worried_childe »

Is anyone else having trouble with filling out the paperwork? Like some of the dates and classes aren't finalized for me so I can't give a definite answer for them.
Also when are these due? It says to pay attention to the due date but the only time related thing I saw was that we have 2 weeks to accept the scholarship offer. Are we supposed to have some sort of orientation or how to with these papers?

Sherm1111

Re: Awardee 'Tasks To Do'

Post by Sherm1111 »

worried_childe wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:42 am
Is anyone else having trouble with filling out the paperwork? Like some of the dates and classes aren't finalized for me so I can't give a definite answer for them.
Also when are these due? It says to pay attention to the due date but the only time related thing I saw was that we have 2 weeks to accept the scholarship offer. Are we supposed to have some sort of orientation or how to with these papers?
Everything with a ** is due by April 19th.
I asked about the Educational Work Plan in the recipients side and someone said that it is very flexible. SMART just wants to know about how many classes they will be paying for each year, and it can be updated. He also said to make sure you include the internships as a summer semester or you will be told to update it.

worried_childe

Post by worried_childe »

Sherm1111 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:45 am
worried_childe wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:42 am
Everything with a ** is due by April 19th.
I asked about the Educational Work Plan in the recipients side and someone said that it is very flexible. SMART just wants to know about how many classes they will be paying for each year, and it can be updated. He also said to make sure you include the internships as a summer semester or you will be told to update it.
Thank you so much for the help!
My school doesn't have a definite degree conferral date, but does anyone know if that also has to be a specific day or can it be like "Month 2023"

wowwww

Post by wowwww »

When they ask 'how many years are you funded for your degree' are they asking besides what the SMART scholarship is covering? I feel like they ask this question so many times.

guesttttt

Post by guesttttt »

Most of the instructions are located in the SMART Service Agreement under the My SMART Award page.

awardee

Post by awardee »

What federal tax classification are SMART awardees? (for the W-9 form line 3) I don't see anything for like independent contractors.