2021 Finalist Decisions

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Jakey

2021 Finalist Decisions

Post by Jakey »

NO NEWS YET. Finalist decisions have historically been made the first week of April, so I’m creating this thread now for people to sound off when they get the dreaded email. Good luck to everyone.

ryantetreault

Re: 2021 Finalist Decisions

Post by ryantetreault »

Pretty sure it will be on a Monday, so probably the 5th.
Aerospace Engineering Hopeful

An EE Major

Post by An EE Major »

Has anyone heard anything yet? Or does anyone want to say hello, this place has been quiet lately.

Wife1

Post by Wife1 »

Hi there! My husband still hasn’t heard anything for finalist decisions. Hoping we find out Monday! Good luck!

Biophysics

Post by Biophysics »

I'm really unsure. I didn't get any calls or anything and my major is biophysics, which has literally never been awarded anything. I'm not thinking I'll get it, even if I got the semifinalist stuf...

really

Post by really »

I get we’re all nervous and waiting, but all these fake “2021 final decision” posts are honestly kind of immature and at this point annoying. Jakey, we all know by this point that it’s going to be announced some point tomorrow or after.

The Real Me

Post by The Real Me »

I'm not a fingernail chewer, but I'm definitely chewing on fingernails right now...

fr1111

Post by fr1111 »

I called SMART last week and the lady told me they want to send notifications by the 15 of April. Hopefully, we get them sooner.

PS. Is a little bit hard to post in the forum. It took me a while to figure out the values equal to pi answer.

anon2002

Post by anon2002 »

fr1111 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:10 pm
I called SMART last week and the lady told me they want to send notifications by the 15 of April. Hopefully, we get them sooner.

PS. Is a little bit hard to post in the forum. It took me a while to figure out the values equal to pi answer.
Huh. On their Instagram page, they said that they would start sending out notifications this week on a rolling basis.

Good luck everyone!

ParadoxOSK

Post by ParadoxOSK »

Does anyone know the actual time that the notifications started rolling in last year? Like say around late in the day or just randomly?

Post by Guest »

It was around 8am central time when people stated posting their results last year.

awardee

Post by awardee »

Just got offered the scholarship as of 8:06 EST

Notpoggers

Post by Notpoggers »

Just received acceptance notification. If people are interested in my major or general stats let me know.

Guest20

Post by Guest20 »

Just got the email at 8:03 am EST.

seagull

Post by seagull »

I GOT THE DOD SMART!!

Winner

Post by Winner »

GOT IT!

Sherm1111

Post by Sherm1111 »

I GOT THE SCHOLARSHIP. I am so honored to have been awarded this opportunity. Congratulations to everyone else that received the scholarship, and to those that didn't I wish you luck in the future.

Shawn

Post by Shawn »

Received an offer at around 8 a.m. this morning! I was offered a scholarship at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Philadelphia. I’m a sophomore at Georgia Tech with a 3.77 GPA majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Good luck to anyone still waiting!

ParadoxOSK

Post by ParadoxOSK »

Congratulations to everyone who has worked so hard! I have been chosen as well and the notifications will be rolling so keep checking all day! One question, what does the RC mean under Awardee Type?

wowwww

Post by wowwww »

I got the email this morning for my decision, 8:03!!!!!

bdsmith

Post by bdsmith »

I got a scholarship!

worried_childe

Post by worried_childe »

ParadoxOSK wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:24 am
Congratulations to everyone who has worked so hard! I have been chosen as well and the notifications will be rolling so keep checking all day! One question, what does the RC mean under Awardee Type?
I think it stands for Recruitment Scholar, it just means we don't currently work at one of the sponsoring facilities.
https://www.smartscholarship.org/smart? ... ca7c96196d

T-SMART

Post by T-SMART »

Just found out that I received the award! I'm entering a PhD program this fall. Congrats to everyone else who got it!! :) I'm wondering: Under the "My Info" part of the Awardee Portal, the first line is for "Service Commitment." For me, this says 5, presumably the number of years I'll be enrolled in my PhD program; by accepting my offer, does this mean I'm committing to working for the DoD for FIVE YEARS after I graduate?! I was hoping to only commit to 2 years because my school of choice will fund the last three years of my program, just not the first two. Is anyone else in the same boat/know how we get this changed to reflect our intentions? Thanks!

Sherm1111

Post by Sherm1111 »

I have a question because I'm thinking about future summers. By accepting this we agree to internships for any summer that our scholarship crosses over. So does that mean we basically won't have a summer anymore? Just trying to see what I should tell my mom about family vacations starting next year.

heregoesnothing

Post by heregoesnothing »

Has anyone received an outright rejection yet? I haven’t heard anything either way, and I’m hoping no news is good news so far.