Notifications

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Notifications

Post by Guest »

We are getting really close to the notifications. Who's excited/nervous?

anon2002

Re: Notifications

Post by anon2002 »

I saw the title and thought you had gotten a decision email, my heart started skipping lol. I'm so nervous!

Post by Guest »

I refresh this forum only 5 times a day.

Nervous

Post by Nervous »

I am nervous!! Are y’all thinking we’ll hear back next week or the week after?

Dilly

Post by Dilly »

So nervous. I am also definitely on here at least 5x a day.
Last year it was April 1, so I'm expecting the 1st or 2nd. Hoping they don't wait til Monday the 5th!
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology

guest03

Post by guest03 »

According to the posts here last year, it seems folks received notifications starting Monday 4/6/2020.

Dilly

Post by Dilly »

Oh maybe it was 2 years ago I saw it was the 1st and people thought they were prank posts. (Who would DO that?!) I can see it being the first Monday in April. Ugh. 4 days more seems like another month.
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology

Jakey

Post by Jakey »

For reference, the dates of notification for finalists were researched and reported in the "2020 Finalist Decisions" thread:

"by mixolydianSSF » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:07 pm
In previous years, based on looking back through the forum, release dates were:

2019: Friday, April 5 at 9am CT
2018: Monday, April 9 at ~2pm CT
2017: Tuesday, May 9 (I think)

And from a post in 2017 (https://www.thesmartforum.org/viewtopic ... 8632#p8632)

2010 April 01
2011 April 01
2012 June 08
2013 July 02
2014 April 17 (Thursday)
2015 April 17 (Friday)
2016 April 07 (Thursday) ~3pm CT

So, it looks like awards can come out on a variety of days. And based on the times for 2018 and 2016, it looks like the release isn’t necessarily in the morning.

I did my best to look through the 2017 threads but I couldn’t pin down a single time. But, I know for a fact that 2017 was an oddball year. Someone I know who got accepted that year said SMART just kept pushing it back so I wouldn’t base anything off of 2017. Since many of us have been told that it will be in the first part of April this year, I’m pretty sure we will see something before the end of next week.
2020 SMART Scholarship Recipient
B.S. in Electrical Engineering at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo ('23)
Edwards Air Force Base, CA"

We can include 2020 April 6 in this list as well.

ilovecorpsehusband

Post by ilovecorpsehusband »

GOSH GUYS, I'M SO NERVOUS LOL!! Man, the amount of stress and anxiety this process has given me...

worried_childe

Post by worried_childe »

How many interviews have you guys had, or any at all? I've only had 1 so far, but I had to contact the facility and the next day they were submitting names. It doesn't sound very hopeful to me about being notified. Did any of this happen to you guys too?

seagull

Post by seagull »

worried_childe wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:26 am
How many interviews have you guys had, or any at all? I've only had 1 so far, but I had to contact the facility and the next day they were submitting names. It doesn't sound very hopeful to me about being notified. Did any of this happen to you guys too?
I also was only interviewed by one SF. I'm not even sure anymore bc I didn't get an email about reranking the SF choices, but then again I had listed 'no preference'. Please keep us posted!

manny

Post by manny »

No interviews here! I didn't reach out to the facilities either though, since I forgot which ones I applied to. I'm not super concerned since I have a funded offer for a very solid program, but it would be neat to get! Would open up my options to possibly accept the #1 program in the country since I got in but can't afford it.

HOPEFULLYSELECTED

Post by HOPEFULLYSELECTED »

I had four interviews, and two of them said they were looking forward to having me as a candidate. I got called last Monday about prioritizing my list. I hope I get one of my choices!

Post by Guest »

I was just told by SMART: don’t expect award notifications until next Monday, the 5th, at the earliest.

Guest0329

Post by Guest0329 »

Thanks for the update, appreciate it.
Ugh... 7 more looong days to go.

Post by Guest »

At least I have a more accurate timeline of when the suffering will end. :roll: :roll:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm
I was just told by SMART: don’t expect award notifications until next Monday, the 5th, at the earliest.
Did you contact them or did they contact you? Wondering if I should have received something.