Any USACE recipients/hopefuls?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Dilly

Any USACE recipients/hopefuls?

Post by Dilly »

Any other applicants hoping to get into the corps? And if there are any recipients who got into a USACE SF, do you recall roughly when they reached out to interview you?
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology

JasonQ13

Re: Any USACE recipients/hopefuls?

Post by JasonQ13 »

I just got an email from a USACE Chief (they actually have branches in every facility I put down, apparently) and they sent me and six other kids interview requests saying here's a time, tell me if it works or not for you. This women was from the USACE New York District, and is the Deputy Chief of the New York District Construction Division, apparently. The job looks like it's for Civil Engineers or someone in the Engineering field, but I'm a cybersecurity major, so I'm a bit confused why they chose me as one of the interviewee's, but maybe they have something in that field that pertains to my major.

Dilly

Post by Dilly »

I'm glad you got something. I'm going nuts over not hearing anything, even though I know it doesn't mean anything either way. I'm aiming for Pittsburgh and was specific about that in my essay. I don't really want to pack up my family and move, but at the same time, covid has rather messed up my spouse's job, so it would be nice to have an option to consider....
Hopefully I didn't mess up my chances my focusing so hard on my local branch. I listed others as options, so I would think they saw my application, at least!

JasonQ13

Post by JasonQ13 »

Dilly wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 pm
I'm glad you got something. I'm going nuts over not hearing anything, even though I know it doesn't mean anything either way. I'm aiming for Pittsburgh and was specific about that in my essay. I don't really want to pack up my family and move, but at the same time, covid has rather messed up my spouse's job, so it would be nice to have an option to consider....
Hopefully I didn't mess up my chances my focusing so hard on my local branch. I listed others as options, so I would think they saw my application, at least!
They gave me a list of "duty locations" that they had and it was only in NY and NJ. Good luck with your facilities!

ryantetreault

Post by ryantetreault »

I feel you man. Haven't heard a peep. I'm from Florida, but I applied for the AFCS-MCS in New Mexico, and the DIA-SIC in Alabama. My essay was focused toward the New Mexico SF so hopefully it doesn't turn any one else off. One thought I have had though is that there still are a lot of applicants, so maybe they are going in alphabetical order with interviews. Don't know, but just want to be optimistic.
Aerospace Engineering Hopeful

Dilly

Post by Dilly »

I appreciate the optimism, but my last name starts with D. :-/