NUWC Keyport

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

NUWC Keyport

Post by Guest »

Has anyone applied to NUWC Keyport Washington? If you have put them in your top 3, have they contacted you yet?

frankiesmith

Re: NUWC Keyport

Post by frankiesmith »

I put them as one of my top 3 but was ultimately passed over. However, I ended up being contacted by another SF.

Post by Guest »

frankiesmith wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:48 pm
I put them as one of my top 3 but was ultimately passed over. However, I ended up being contacted by another SF.
Are you talking about this year? How do you they passed on you? If they haven’t contacted me yet, is it too late?

frankiesmith

Post by frankiesmith »

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:23 pm
frankiesmith wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:48 pm
Are you talking about this year? How do you they passed on you? If they haven’t contacted me yet, is it too late?
Yes, this year. I know they passed on me because I received an email saying I had not been selected for the SMART scholarship this year. I received a "second chance" which is why I was contacted by an SF not on my dream sheet a couple of weeks after I had been told I didn't make the cut.

I think if they haven't contacted you and you haven't received any notifications saying you weren't selected, then there's still hope!

Post by Guest »

Interesting. Was the email you received saying you weren’t selected as a semifinalist? Or were you selected as a semifinalist and then notified you weren’t selected later? I didn’t know they made cuts before April

frankiesmith

Post by frankiesmith »

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:05 pm
Interesting. Was the email you received saying you weren’t selected as a semifinalist? Or were you selected as a semifinalist and then notified you weren’t selected later? I didn’t know they made cuts before April
This is what the email said

"Dear SMART Applicant,
Thank you for applying to the Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program. Unfortunately you have not been selected to advance to the semifinal phase of the selection process. We encourage you to apply again in the future.
Good luck in all your academic endeavors."

I received this on the 2nd,
and then on the 18th I received an email from an SF asking me to interview.

Dilly

Post by Dilly »

How confusing!
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology