What do SF look at?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Betoooooo

What do SF look at?

Post by Betoooooo »

I was trying to read if anyone has talked about this, but what do SF look at when deciding which applicants to choose? Their essays? I forgot -- did we have to attach our resumes to the applicant and that's what they look at? Just wondering. Thanks!

jsalt231

Re: What do SF look at?

Post by jsalt231 »

Yeah we submitted resumes with our application. I imagine that's the most important thing they look at, then transcripts, and then reference letters (I have no idea if this is right but it would make sense that at least the SFs would view this like a normal hiring process). I do know for a fact that they at least look at the reference letters, I had an interview last year where we talked about one of mine. They probably read the essay about what fields you're interested in to see if they do what you want but other than that I doubt SFs consider them much.

ryantetreault

Re: What do SF look at?

Post by ryantetreault »

I would probably say transcripts, references, and then resume. Unless your a graduate or PhD student they know you don't have much work experience.
Aerospace Engineering Hopeful