Interview calls

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Biomed

Re: Interview calls

Post by Biomed »

Dragon0 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:13 pm
Can y'all log in to your Smart Scholarship website?? Idk if they lock me out or what. weird
I was able to log in. I don't see a difference in layout or get any notifications.

Did you put in your password incorrectly too many times?

Dilly

Post by Dilly »

Interesting. I couldn't get in last time I tried in Jan or Feb, or tonight, so I tried to reset my password but it says password reset error now. Weird.
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology

Biomed

Post by Biomed »

Dilly wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:09 pm
Interesting. I couldn't get in last time I tried in Jan or Feb, or tonight, so I tried to reset my password but it says password reset error now. Weird.
I locked myself once or twice by screwing up my password too many times in a row. Had to contact SMART IT to get it unlocked .Is that what's happening for you?

Post by Guest »

Biomed wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:41 pm
Dilly wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:09 pm
I locked myself once or twice by screwing up my password too many times in a row. Had to contact SMART IT to get it unlocked .Is that what's happening for you?
it is working now yall sorry. but that was weird for a minute tho

An EE MAJOR

Post by An EE MAJOR »

For Lackland, is the end of the day today when recommendations are due or is it already past due? And We won’t hear anything from them correct? Not until April?

CS here

Post by CS here »

An EE MAJOR wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:21 pm
For Lackland, is the end of the day today when recommendations are due or is it already past due? And We won’t hear anything from them correct? Not until April?
yes for lackland it is that is what they said. And yes we will have to wait until early april to know if we got it or nah.

eco_person

Post by eco_person »

Has anyone heard from APHC in Maryland? I've tried calling the individual departments and the general phone number but no-one seems to know what I'm talking about.

Dilly

Post by Dilly »

I think APHC was one of my top 3 but I didn't hear from them. I only reached out to USACE in Pittsburgh.
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology

eco_person

Post by eco_person »

I just got an email from APHC and have my interview tomorrow! One person I called told me to email her Friday and she would send it out to see if anyone knew about the SMART Program. Ended up getting an email yesterday for an interview!

cashew

Post by cashew »

Has anyone heard back from AFRL Information Directorate in Rome, NY? Or any AFRLs in California?

info12

Post by info12 »

eco_person wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:02 am
I just got an email from APHC and have my interview tomorrow! One person I called told me to email her Friday and she would send it out to see if anyone knew about the SMART Program. Ended up getting an email yesterday for an interview!
Congrats! Who did you email?

eco_person

Post by eco_person »

info12 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:41 pm
eco_person wrote:
Thanks!

I won't be giving out the email, but I just went through their list of directorates on their website for environmental science (that's the major I'm doing) and one said to email her and she'll find out.

Just finished the interview, I think it went alright except they were late to the call. The questions have been about what the others were posting on here. It was about an hour long. They also said we should hear back in April who received the scholarship, and they send in a 'primary' and 'backup' name to SMART incase the primary person declines..

Post by Guest »

cashew wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:16 pm
Has anyone heard back from AFRL Information Directorate in Rome, NY? Or any AFRLs in California?
I've been waiting to hear from AFRL's in California and Hawaii too, but I haven't received anything from them at all.

info12

Post by info12 »

eco_person wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:51 am
info12 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:41 pm
eco_person wrote:
Thanks!

I won't be giving out the email, but I just went through their list of directorates on their website for environmental science (that's the major I'm doing) and one said to email her and she'll find out.

Just finished the interview, I think it went alright except they were late to the call. The questions have been about what the others were posting on here. It was about an hour long. They also said we should hear back in April who received the scholarship, and they send in a 'primary' and 'backup' name to SMART incase the primary person declines..
Thank you for the information, that's helpful to know! Hope you hear back with good news!

rrub123

Post by rrub123 »

Have any physics/math majors gotten any interviews? Also, has anyone heard from Newport or Stennis?

Post by Guest »

I'm a physics/GIS major and had a short interview with the NGA a couple weeks ago. Nothing since.

Guest0321

Post by Guest0321 »

For those who had more than 1 interview, have you received any call from SMART/DoD asking to rerank the facility preferences?

jsalt231

Post by jsalt231 »

Guest0321 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:45 pm
For those who had more than 1 interview, have you received any call from SMART/DoD asking to rerank the facility preferences?
After I had my interviews I emailed SMART asking if I could rerank my facilities; they told me to send them my new rankings but said something about it being nonbinding/needing to be approved (I'm not sure, but they at least let me send new rankings). I got an email this past week though about how SMART representatives might be reaching out this week to clarify details about applications so my guess would be if we officially get to rerank it would be through those calls.

jsalt231

Post by jsalt231 »

jsalt231 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:59 pm
Guest0321 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:45 pm
After I had my interviews I emailed SMART asking if I could rerank my facilities; they told me to send them my new rankings but said something about it being nonbinding/needing to be approved (I'm not sure, but they at least let me send new rankings). I got an email this past week though about how SMART representatives might be reaching out this week to clarify details about applications so my guess would be if we officially get to rerank it would be through those calls.
As an update, I just received a call from SMART and they asked me about my new facility preferences and more generally how my interviews went.
Good luck to everybody!

Post by Guest »

Has anyone else gotten a follow up call from SMART this week?

An EE major

Post by An EE major »

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:50 pm
Really? If you don’t mind saying what base? And what did they say? Did they tell you you got it or something like that?

Post by Guest »

An EE major wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:27 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:50 pm
Really? If you don’t mind saying what base? And what did they say? Did they tell you you got it or something like that?
I didn't get a call. The person who posted above my comment did though. As far as I understand SMART may call sometime Monday-Wednesday this week and potentially ask you if you want to re-rank your SFs after your interviews. These calls wouldn't be from the SF, they would be from SMART because they're in the process of placing people with SFs. You didn't get the email last Friday from SMART?

Confused

Post by Confused »

I’m confused. Did SMART email all semi finalists last Friday? (3/19). If so, I didn’t get one 😔

g9x64

Post by g9x64 »

Confused wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:51 pm
I’m confused. Did SMART email all semi finalists last Friday? (3/19). If so, I didn’t get one 😔
I don’t think so! I had an interview on Thursday of last week and the guy who interviewed me said that their facility had a local deadline of the next day (last Friday) to submit their selections for smart scholars. I believe other facilities still might be interviewing/have different local deadlines and SMART releases the results for all of the facilities at the same time, so I wouldn’t worry! :)

ilovecorpsehusband

Post by ilovecorpsehusband »

Wow, really? I haven't received any recent emails from SMART, besides from SF's interviewing me... can I ask what the email was about/said?