Round 2

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: Round 2

Post by Guest »

They have not rejected anyone yet, they're still working out details as far as I understand. They have no ETA on when they'll come to a decision.

fish

Post by fish »

i heard from a SF this week after letting them know that we didn't make round one. they said "We are hoping for additional funding." federal funding is still only trickling out even now that the budget is signed. so, it ain't over 'til it's over.

Post by Guest »

The SPO just told me that they'll know the results of round 2 within a week.

Post by guest »

I just received a mass email from ASEE saying that all semi-finalists will be notified in the coming days with a final decision when the funding is resolved. I assume all semi-finalists got this same email.

Post by guest »

Just received an email from ASEE, sounds like we'll be waiting for some time yet:

We are currently working with the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering and the SMART Program Office to resolve issues related to the recently passed funding legislation. Although we had hoped to offer additional SMART Scholarship awards before the end of April, we are not able to commit to any additional awards at this time. Final approval for additional awards is expected in the upcoming days. Please continue to monitor your email for a final award notification. We will notify all semi-finalists of their final status when the award process is complete.

Thank you for your patience.

The ASEE SMART Scholarship Program Team

tdavis14

Post by tdavis14 »

Guest wrote:
tdavis14 wrote:I got a 2nd round to the ARmy Corp of Engineers too for New Orleans district. You going to the orientation in July?
When did you receive your notification? Did you ever get an interview?
Got notification last week. Had an interview a couple months ago

Post by Guest »

tdavis14 wrote:
Guest wrote:
tdavis14 wrote:I got a 2nd round to the ARmy Corp of Engineers too for New Orleans district. You going to the orientation in July?
When did you receive your notification? Did you ever get an interview?
Got notification last week. Had an interview a couple months ago
I feel like if a semi-finalist does not get an interview, there is no point in worrying about the final notification since it is most likely to be a rejection.

Jim M

Post by Jim M »

I tend to agree!

Post by Guest »

I just want an decision at this point. I don't even care if it's no.

Post by Guest »

I would seem time to prep for the next applications and by reading the other thread you should embellish slightly when doing so.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I would seem time to prep for the next applications and by reading the other thread you should embellish slightly when doing so.
Guh.... English?

reub

Post by reub »

Just got a notification letter that I received an award to WSMR-TRAC in White Sands NM.
Industrial Engineering major
I did interview with them in early March.

Dad

Post by Dad »

My daughter, last name starts with "C", just got accepted as part of Round 2. The email was marked 4:20pm EDT.

A great mid-finals pick-me-up for her! Good luck to all.

UF_ME

Post by UF_ME »

Hey everyone, I received an award email from
SMART to NSWC Panama City at 1520.

My stats are:
4th year Mech. E at UF (CC transfer)
Requested 1 year of funding
3.84 overall
two internships at AFRL DET. 2

Post by guest »

Just got an offer
Chemistry

Post by Guest »

I got an offer too!

Post by Guest »

Would you guys state your SF, if you dont mind?

Post by Guest »

Hi All,

I know that some have been posting that they received second round awards. Has there been anyone that has received the email that round 2 is over? It has now been 2 weeks since they sent out the last email stating "Final approval for additional awards is expected in the upcoming days". Obviously those of us that haven't received an award yet have little if any chance of getting one, but I was just wondering if the final call has been sent yet.

Thanks,

empty

Post by empty »

I did get a second round offer. My guess is they are waiting for those offerees to return their materials, which are due to them on the 20th.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Hi All,

I know that some have been posting that they received second round awards. Has there been anyone that has received the email that round 2 is over? It has now been 2 weeks since they sent out the last email stating "Final approval for additional awards is expected in the upcoming days". Obviously those of us that haven't received an award yet have little if any chance of getting one, but I was just wondering if the final call has been sent yet.

Thanks,
I am in the same boat. I have not received an email indicating the awards process is complete...still playing the waiting game...

Post by Guest »

there may be a few more round 2 slots open if people didn't submit the paperwork on time. it is irritating that they will revoke your award if all of the paperwork isn't submitted on time, but it makes the award process more efficient

Post by Guest »

So, has anybody heard anything from them? I'm assuming they are still processing materials but it's kind of been a while....

Post by Guest »

I did not receive a 1st round offer either (graduate student--cognitive and neural sciences) and emailed smart back in mid May (around the 13th) to see if they had sent out any final notifications. They replied back with the following message:

"We are still waiting on the Department of Defense in regards to
notifying all semi-finalists of their status.

Thank you for your patience."

Not sure if this is helpful for anyone but I figured I would post it anyway. Again, this was back in mid May so this may not be the most up to date notification.

Joe Mama

Post by Joe Mama »

I got an email from a sponsoring facility today as an unofficial promise of a second round award. They said I will receive an official email from SMART in the near future.

Joe Mama

Post by Joe Mama »

Joe Mama wrote:I got an email from a sponsoring facility today as an unofficial promise of a second round award. They said I will receive an official email from SMART in the near future.
I got the official email this morning! Hoopla!!!!