Been Contacted?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
jramcam

Re: Been Contacted?

Post by jramcam »

I agree, whoever gets the first e-mail notification should start a new thread called "2011 Scholars" or something like that. It woulbe nice to have all the people that visit this forum become registered users so we can keep track of the number of awardees that came out of here.

Jim M

Post by Jim M »

I keep reminding myself as much as I would like today to be the day there is a chance that no notices go out today.

dmu3084

Post by dmu3084 »

I've been compelled to register... i think its time to admit I have a problem.

erth2rst

Post by erth2rst »

Welcome to the club! Admitting you have a problem is the first step.
And hopefully the last step is accepting a scholarship offer.

xkcd, you must have the patience of a monk if you're only checking your email every 15 minutes.

Birkhead, welcome home. Glad you made it back safely.

dmu3084

Post by dmu3084 »

only every 15? I'm sitting in a dynamic web content class right now checking my email every 15 seconds

firefighterjrp

Post by firefighterjrp »

The sad thing is that I get my email through my phone, which will vibrate as soon as I receive one, and I don't even trust that. I'm still checking my email every minute or two.

Post by guest »

My bet is the announcement doesn't happen until next week at the earliest.

e3sentry

Post by e3sentry »

Yeah, I guess I would have expected them to start sending notifications by now, but who knows.

Jim M

Post by Jim M »

I got the semi finalist e-mail after 11am so I would not count the time as to late yet. I think last year they started around 12.

jramcam

Post by jramcam »

We broke the record again at 8:39 AM with 36 people users this time...

Jim M

Post by Jim M »

I think maybe we can see that numberincrease today as well.

e3sentry

Post by e3sentry »

Agreed.

administrator
Site Admin

Site Views

Post by administrator »

views.jpg

AS_Stevens

Post by AS_Stevens »

When the first people that get the email begin posting, can I request that they also include their initials?
I remember reading somewhere that they begin emailing in order of last name, so it would help to know when exactly to begin panicking lol

jramcam

Post by jramcam »

Not to be picky, but I would be more interested in seeing major, type of degree, sponsoring facility, and school for those who get the e-mail.

Jefff

Post by Jefff »

I'm starting to wonder if they really intend to update their events calendar if the notification date gets pushed back. So far, neither of their two (conflicting) calendars have changed.

https://smart.asee.org/about/events

https://smart.asee.org/apply_/faq/application_timeline

Post by guest »

Updating their website on a day-by-day basis is not likely. I would not attach much significance to it at this point.

Post by Guest »

It still leaves me curious as to why they changed their website yesterday to March 31 for only an hour..

2wheelmatt

Post by 2wheelmatt »

Wow, I went to sleep a little under 3 hours ago, had some bizzaire dream about this forum and geology (I have an exam in a few hours), and woke up to find nothing...

My last name begins with an "A". I figured that I'd hopfully have an answer by now. I don't have a smart phone and I need to leave for class in about 40 minutes. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?!

Jason

Post by Jason »

2wheelmatt wrote:Wow, I went to sleep a little under 3 hours ago, had some bizzaire dream about this forum and geology (I have an exam in a few hours), and woke up to find nothing...

My last name begins with an "A". I figured that I'd hopfully have an answer by now. I don't have a smart phone and I need to leave for class in about 40 minutes. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?!
Go to class, take the test and wait, like all of us. This is the federal government, nothing is ever "on-time".

calmlyAnxious

Post by calmlyAnxious »

Somebody tell me when the last years budget gets approved in congress. Then I'll bet 12 to 24 hrs delay for adjusting of the selectee pool.

wilsoneri

Post by wilsoneri »

I don't know about y'all, but they got my hopes up about being on time with this when they sent out the semi-finalist notifications a day early. I was completely shocked that something related to the government was not only on time, but was EARLY. Guess that's not the case with this one.

With a last name that begins with "W", it looks like I'll be waiting for awhile. Guess it's time to distract myself by studying for my two exams tomorrow. :\

Also, @calmlyAnxious, hasn't it been said that the budget that would affect selection has already been decided on? I don't keep up with these things, but multiple people on this forum have mentioned such.

dafix

Post by dafix »

My guess would be if we haven't heard anything from anybody by now, it's probably not going to be today...

Lemonade

Post by Lemonade »

I would not judge what is going to happen this year on what happened last year becasue the prcess has been very different in a lot of ways.

Jim M

Post by Jim M »

This is the worst anticipation I have ever felt... I know they said that it would be between today and a week. I was hoping that maybe someone from the office would post an update. A simple... "Not today" would be great or a "notification going out today" would be great.

They do look at this forum right?

Maybe tomorrow! Would it be over the weekend?