Unique situation...

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Unique situation...

Post by Guest »

Okay, so I'm a highschool student, going into my senior year. I'm at a charter school where I take classes at our local college, and gain college and highschool credits simultaneously, so that I graduate with a two-year Associate of Arts degree. I've heard it's hard to get in as a freshman, so I'm applying as a sophomore going into my Junior year (which I will be).

Unforunately, that means I don't get to submit my SAT scores, which I feel are relatively impressive - 760 math, 760 critical reading, and 580 writing. What should I do? I felt like a 1520 might help my application, but maybe it's not as necessary as I think?

Thanks

administrator
Site Admin

Re: Unique situation...

Post by administrator »

Not sure how the application is setup this year, but I believe that since you are not enrolled in a degree program yet, you will still have to submit your scores.. The point is to have some information on your academic abilities without having a college GPA.

Post by Guest »

Well I set my academic status as a second year AA student, which I am.

I do have a college GPA with around 60 credits, and it says unless I apply as a first year AA student, or a freshman, I don't submit SAT scores.

Chris Moulder

Post by Chris Moulder »

Then you might just want to ask the application team. smart@asee.org
Let me know what they say.
-Chris