CHECK SMARTS WEBSITE! Login!

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: CHECK SMARTS WEBSITE! Login!

Post by guest »

anona wrote:
Anon011011 wrote:
guest wrote: So the people who saw their award already are CURRENTLY getting the "You do not have access to the awardee portal." message?
Yes.. in my case..

It is also happening for me
Thanks...and congrats!

gabrieljhesch

Post by gabrieljhesch »

Is there anyone who **did** see that they were accepted into the SMART program starting in 2016, but when they log in, it says, "Wrong username/password" and not "you do not have access to this portal"??

gabrieljhesch

Post by gabrieljhesch »

And finally the last possible option-

Is there anyone who *did not peek* on Friday- who did not check to see if they had been awarded the scholarship through the loophole, who is **currently** getting the message "you do not have access to this portal" when they try to log in?

If there is anyone who is experience this, it would be interesting.

Anon011011

Post by Anon011011 »

gabrieljhesch wrote:Slightly side topic-

- Did anyone else *not* get a DOD phone call following the interview with the SF?? I did not.
I did get a phone call from the Navy liaison from smart after my interviews but if you go through posts from previous years, you can find that only a very small subset gets the second call from SMART. Most winners don't even get an interview.

Post by Guest »

I was too late to "peek", but am currently getting the you do not have access to the award portal message.

Guest641

Post by Guest641 »

Me too, to the missed the deadline and now awardee error.

gabrieljhesch

Post by gabrieljhesch »

Guest wrote:I was too late to "peek", but am currently getting the you do not have access to the award portal message.
Alright. Well, here's to hoping that getting the other error message, "either your username or your password is incorrect" does not necessarily mean that one did not get the award.... Perhaps ASEE just has not entered all of the scholarships into the system yet. One can always hope. :)

Guestesses

Post by Guestesses »

DO NOT lose hope. Only 7 schools are listed in the school directory with 2016 next to it...while there is well over 100 from 2015! I bet they have only entered at most 10 awardees into the system. What do you think?

Guestwhoitis

Post by Guestwhoitis »

gabrieljhesch wrote:And finally the last possible option-

Is there anyone who *did not peek* on Friday- who did not check to see if they had been awarded the scholarship through the loophole, who is **currently** getting the message "you do not have access to this portal" when they try to log in?

I am experiencing that, I had a phone interview, told I would be recommended havent heard anything since. Checked on friday and saw "you do not have access to this portal".

Post by Guest »

Guestesses wrote:DO NOT lose hope. Only 7 schools are listed in the school directory with 2016 next to it...while there is well over 100 from 2015! I bet they have only entered at most 10 awardees into the system. What do you think?
I really hope so.

I feel like those added with 2016 next to them only means that a student who accepted the award (through the awards portal loophole) went to that university.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guestesses wrote:DO NOT lose hope. Only 7 schools are listed in the school directory with 2016 next to it...while there is well over 100 from 2015! I bet they have only entered at most 10 awardees into the system. What do you think?
I really hope so.

I feel like those added with 2016 next to them only means that a student who accepted the award (through the awards portal loophole) went to that university.
I hope so too.

gabrieljhesch

Post by gabrieljhesch »

My brother-in-law works with a SMART Scholarship recipient at the Kirkland AFB in New Mexico- he told me yesterday that he did not find out that he was a SMART scholar until ***way*** after the first announcement date in April. He was notified in JULY (you read that correctly). He did say that funding was an issue that year, so that may be why.

However- do not lose hope until you know for sure one way or the other via a notification from ASEE.

Post by Guest »

gabrieljhesch wrote:My brother-in-law works with a SMART Scholarship recipient at the Kirkland AFB in New Mexico- he told me yesterday that he did not find out that he was a SMART scholar until ***way*** after the first announcement date in April. He was notified in JULY (you read that correctly). He did say that funding was an issue that year, so that may be why.

However- do not lose hope until you know for sure one way or the other via a notification from ASEE.
Did he get it in 2012? You can actually go and read the thread from the 2012 applicants on here, it kept getting delayed for weeks because of budgeting problems with the DoD. Hopefully that doesn't happen again this year.

Gruut

Post by Gruut »

I think people who got to know their award status through the loop-hole AND "accepted" the award on the website have their school's name listed as 2016 recipients..

Post by Guest »

I'm seriously so nervous I cannot take it. The "either your username or password is incorrect" has me worried... They should've just left the loop-hole open and let people see so we're not as anxious.

UMN2019

Post by UMN2019 »

I am taking the "hands-off" approach until Friday April 8th. I am not going to try to log in to the Award Panel until I receive an email from SMART either way. I fear that I will read too much into what feedback the Award Panel gives me and for the sake of not going insane via not knowing I will just wait until I receive the official email.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

I am also getting a "you do not have access" message. I did receive the award, and I am from one of those 2016 universities. Good luck to all.

Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

UMN2019 wrote:I am taking the "hands-off" approach until Friday April 8th. I am not going to try to log in to the Award Panel until I receive an email from SMART either way. I fear that I will read too much into what feedback the Award Panel gives me and for the sake of not going insane via not knowing I will just wait until I receive the official email.
Same :I I'm just so anxious about this

Amon1

Post by Amon1 »

The most relevant question at this point is if there is anyone who initially got the message "wrong username/ password," but now gets the message "no access to awardee portal" when trying to log in to the awardee portal.

Did this happen to anyone? If it did, state the date when you got the wrong username/ password message and the date when you got the no access to portal message. If this indeed happened to you then probably SMART is inputting new names and refreshing the awardee portal. Even if this never happened to anyone, SMART could still be inputting names but not refreshing the awardee portal.

P.S. If all the names of the awardees were in the system since last Friday, I see no reason why SMART would want to wait 1 more week before notifying everyone. My theory is that SMART is most likely finishing up putting in everyone's names this week.

adt025

Post by adt025 »

gabrieljhesch wrote:And finally the last possible option-

I was not able to log in Friday and have gotten the message "you do not have access to the portal" ever since.

Post by Guest »

Have those who received and accepted the award received an email from ASEE or did they just log in to the portal through the loophole in Fruday afternoon?

Gruut

Post by Gruut »

Guest wrote:Have those who received and accepted the award received an email from ASEE or did they just log in to the portal through the loophole in Fruday afternoon?
No one received an email. Someone found out the loophole and people who logged in before SMART took down the website saw their award details.

RaisinBran1234

Post by RaisinBran1234 »

I had been getting the award portal error message but I tried to log in again today and it lets me log in and review my application, no status of award found anywhere though. Has this changed for anyone else??

chirp_chirp

Post by chirp_chirp »

I'm still getting the no access to awardee portal message.

UMN2019

Post by UMN2019 »

Maybe I missed the answer to this question through the mass of replies but...

Did anyone receive the "Your username or password is incorrect" message during or around the time of the loophole but they are now receiving the "You do not have access to the awardee portal"?

Thanks for answers in advance.