Time Between Phase 1 and Phase 2

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Time Between Phase 1 and Phase 2

Post by Guest »

Hey all,

I was just wondering what the exact time you were allowed upon graduation and before starting your full-time service requirement. I was looking at finishing a Master's program during my senior year undergrad but may need the beginning portion of a summer (up until end of July) to finish the thesis. If anyone has any experience with this I'd greatly appreciate it!

Guest123

Re: Time Between Phase 1 and Phase 2

Post by Guest123 »

Guest wrote:Hey all,

I was just wondering what the exact time you were allowed upon graduation and before starting your full-time service requirement. I was looking at finishing a Master's program during my senior year undergrad but may need the beginning portion of a summer (up until end of July) to finish the thesis. If anyone has any experience with this I'd greatly appreciate it!
It depends on your SF... Mine couldn't even get me hired until the new fiscal year... So I had to wait 5 and a half months before I could even work... Just contact your SF about starting after you finish the thesis work since that's such a small delay. The SF may not even be able to hire you until August or October, so definitely check with them.