Preference Calls?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
BigDawgFrawg

Preference Calls?

Post by BigDawgFrawg »

For those who think they were recommended by multiple SF's, has anyone received a call about SF preferences yet? I feel like we should not even be getting our hopes up of an email if not a single one of us has received a call like this.

I am guessing calls will go out throughout this week and awards be giving out at the end of it...? Hopefully not next week.

Re: Preference Calls?

Post by Guest »

BigDawgFrawg wrote:For those who think they were recommended by multiple SF's, has anyone received a call about SF preferences yet? I feel like we should not even be getting our hopes up of an email if not a single one of us has received a call like this.

I am guessing calls will go out throughout this week and awards be giving out at the end of it...? Hopefully not next week.

Yeah I was told I was going to get a preference call and I know I was recommended by more than one facility. Haven't received a call yet.

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

I dont think they're doing calls this year. It may be too time consuming because of the amount of scholars this year. They're probably just giving us the highest priority facility or whatever is closest to our preference.

FrawgOnLawg

Post by FrawgOnLawg »

Last year emails were sent at 4:45 ET time.

Post by Guest »

I got a preference call about a month ago.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Was it from the Air Force Liason, Bill Cavenaugh?

Post by Guest »

That name doesn't immediately ring a bell. I believe the person was located in Texas?

Prayingforamiracle

Post by Prayingforamiracle »

FrawgOnLawg wrote:Last year emails were sent at 4:45 ET time.

Maybe that is so the SMART office doesn't get slammed with calls (since they close at 1700 EST).