Temp Closed or Incorrect Username/Pass

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: Temp Closed or Incorrect Username/Pass

Post by Guest »

Major: Intelligence Analysis
Area: Army and Marine Corps

I was interviewed and recommended by 2 facilities.

goodluck

Post by goodluck »

Major: Graduating with a Mechanical Degree, going for a Masters in astronautical for the scholarship

Area: Only interviewed with airforce

Very unclear if I was recommended during the interview. Was incorrect username/password up until yesterday.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

major:mechanical engineering
i applied for Navy
I have the temp closed green message,but never got any interviews or phone calls...

possibly

Post by possibly »

guest_ne wrote:major:mechanical engineering
i applied for Navy
I have the temp closed green message,but never got any interviews or phone calls...
Mechanical engineering is pretty sought after for this program. You may have gotten it.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

possibly wrote:
guest_ne wrote:major:mechanical engineering
i applied for Navy
Mechanical engineering is pretty sought after for this program. You may have gotten it.
even if i havent heard from anyone?

Prayingforamiracle

Post by Prayingforamiracle »

Major: quantitative psychology (phd, already have my masters)
Applied for the Army
I was recommended by my facility, I interned for them already and they pushed me to apply so I could come back under SMART.
I am getting incorrect password/login.

Tigerguest

Post by Tigerguest »

Major: Industrial Engineering
Degree: hoping to fund my PhD
Interviewed by Navy and Air Force, neither told me anything about a recommendation, but both sounded very excited about talking to me again in the future so I'm really confused about how people know they've been reccomended. Have not been called for preferences.
Got the temp closed message weeks ago and my school was listed as getting a single 2017 award but I don't know if anyone else at my school applied.

PhDSMART

Post by PhDSMART »

Major: Cyber Security, PhD
Area: Not all within the same branch

No phone calls or interviews....

Nsakmar

Post by Nsakmar »

What does it mean if I don't get either message? I can log into my application so no invalid username/password but I don't see a green error about it being temporary closed.

Post by guest »

Not the application login. Try here: https://smart.asee.org/award

nsakmar

Post by nsakmar »

So I'm guessing I'm not getting it because I didn't get an interview and I got the invalid error.

Nsakmar

Post by Nsakmar »

nsakmar wrote:So I'm guessing I'm not getting it because I didn't get an interview and I got the invalid error.
My Major is Chemical Engineering as well.

ThatFeeling

Post by ThatFeeling »

That feeling when you're an overqualified candidate who just made a 4.3 term GPA for the semester in an incredibly needed field but you're not getting the award, and you don't care about your GPA anymore.

Prayingforamiracle

ThatFeeling wrote:That feeling when you're an overqualified candidate who just made a 4.3 term GPA for the semester in an incredibly needed field but you're not getting the award, and you don't care about your GPA anymore.
I completely understand! I am a PhD student (received my masters yesterday) with a 4.2 GPA, good publications and recommendations from people high up in the DOD. Plus I know my SF recommended me because I interned for them already and I am getting the incorrect password thing. I am trying not to put too much stock in that but my hope is dwindling. I am not in a high demand field (quantitative psychology) but I was hopeful because my facility recommended me and really wants me.

urwrong

Post by urwrong »

Prayingforamiracle wrote:
ThatFeeling wrote:That feeling when you're an overqualified candidate who just made a 4.3 term GPA for the semester in an incredibly needed field but you're not getting the award, and you don't care about your GPA anymore.
I completely understand! I am a PhD student (received my masters yesterday) with a 4.2 GPA, good publications and recommendations from people high up in the DOD. Plus I know my SF recommended me because I interned for them already and I am getting the incorrect password thing. I am trying not to put too much stock in that but my hope is dwindling. I am not in a high demand field (quantitative psychology) but I was hopeful because my facility recommended me and really wants me.

A 4.2?! that makes sense..

Prayingforamiracle

urwrong wrote:
Prayingforamiracle wrote:

A 4.2?! that makes sense..
It does when your school gives A+'s which count above a 4.0. *shakes head*

Post by guest »

A 4.2?! that makes sense..[/quote]
It does when your school gives A+'s which count above a 4.0. *shakes head*[/quote]

what school

guest4

Post by guest4 »

nsakmar wrote:So I'm guessing I'm not getting it because I didn't get an interview and I got the invalid error.
Nsakmar, may I ask your statistics?

Electrical Engineering.
Rose Hulman
My GPA 3.9
Recommended by three SFs.
Also getting incorrect username and password.

nsakmar

Post by nsakmar »

guest4 wrote:
Nsakmar, may I ask your statistics?

Electrical Engineering.
Rose Hulman
My GPA 3.9
Recommended by three SFs.
Also getting incorrect username and password.
Chemical Engineering
University of Pittsburgh
GPA 4.0
No recommendations I don't think. No interviews.
Incorrect password

I actually went to a community college when I applied for this. I graduated with an associates degree amd I am accepted to go to University of Pittsburgh for this fall semester.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:A 4.2?! that makes sense..
It does when your school gives A+'s which count above a 4.0. *shakes head*[/quote]

what school[/quote]

UCONN

Post by guest »

my home state good luck.

Prayingforamiracle

guest wrote:my home state good luck.

Thanks!! I saw UCONN had 1 award this year so I am hoping it is me but this is a large university so I am sure others applied too.