Award Notice [JOKE]

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Award Notice [JOKE]

Post by guest »

Just received an email from SMART saying I've been accepted as a finalist!! Everyone post here if you have received word yet.

admin edit: This is a joke, respond accordingly.

DoDHog

Re: Award Notice

Post by DoDHog »

I have received the email too! Good luck to all of you and hopefully you find out soon as well. This has been such a long and stressful period. Just remember, whether you get the award or not doesn't make you any less of a student!

JusKeepSwimming

Post by JusKeepSwimming »

Are you sure it wasn't for the semifinalist? I haven't heard anything yet, and I know for a fact that I have been recommended by a facility.

Post by guest »

JusKeepSwimming wrote:Are you sure it wasn't for the semifinalist? I haven't heard anything yet, and I know for a fact that I have been recommended by a facility.
Yes, I received the semifinalist email at the beginning of March, but this email says that I have been awarded the SMART scholarship and need to confirm that I will be participating.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Were both of you getting the "temp closed" message? Or the incorrect password message?

Post by guest »

Gandalf wrote:Were both of you getting the "temp closed" message? Or the incorrect password message?
I was getting the "incorrect password" message, which makes me believe that it has no determinant on whether you are accepted or not.

Camron

Post by Camron »

Do we know if SMART works in any sort of order? Are the emails sent out all at one to all the recipients? If we haven't gotten an email is there any chance we will?

Post by guest »

guest wrote:Just received an email from SMART saying I've been accepted as a finalist!! Everyone post here if you have received word yet.
I just called SMART and they said no one has been given any award notification as of yet because the DoD hasn't provided them the names yet....what's going on??

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

I have a slight feeling someone may just be playing a sick joke

Post by Guest »

Gandalf wrote:I have a slight feeling someone may just be playing a sick joke
Why do you think so?

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

It's Tuesday (not Thursday/Friday) and according to the other guest above, SMART couldn't have sent out the awards yet.

Post by guest »

Gandalf wrote:It's Tuesday (not Thursday/Friday) and according to the other guest above, SMART couldn't have sent out the awards yet.
I really hope you're right. Makes it really hard to study for finals; whoever did that is an ass.

Post by guest »

;)

ummmm

Post by ummmm »

Please tell me this is a sick joke. I'm still getting temp closed. Can you guys post a screenshot?

RGuest

Post by RGuest »

Messing around, giving false info isn't needed. Some people are stressed as is regarding this scholarship.

eruwaedhiel

Post by eruwaedhiel »

If you did win, would you mind sharing the funding information? I'm curious if the increase SMART is expected to receive went into more scholars or more funding for the same number of scholars.

moderatorpls

Post by moderatorpls »

Can a moderator delete this thread please?

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

It's a joke. I'm wise to this guy. After all, I am Gandalf. Everyone relax and don't let this bother you. Im sure we all have more important things to worry about right now, like finals.

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter »

Gandalf wrote:It's a joke. I'm wise to this guy. After all, I am Gandalf. Everyone relax and don't let this bother you. Im sure we all have more important things to worry about right now, like finals.
This heretic shall not pass on to the Great Journey

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter »

Arbiter wrote:
Gandalf wrote:It's a joke. I'm wise to this guy. After all, I am Gandalf. Everyone relax and don't let this bother you. Im sure we all have more important things to worry about right now, like finals.
This heretic shall not pass on to the Great Journey
The heretic - not Gandalf, greatest of the prophets.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
guest wrote:Just received an email from SMART saying I've been accepted as a finalist!! Everyone post here if you have received word yet.
I just called SMART and they said no one has been given any award notification as of yet because the DoD hasn't provided them the names yet....what's going on??
This makes me question the sign significance of the Temp close error.

AROIAsx

Post by AROIAsx »

Temp closed is still significant. I feel like they do have the list back and that may just be an excuse they are told to tell us. Every time we call it's something different. Last week it was that they were just waiting to hear back about funding but already knew who they were selecting.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
JusKeepSwimming wrote:Are you sure it wasn't for the semifinalist? I haven't heard anything yet, and I know for a fact that I have been recommended by a facility.
Yes, I received the semifinalist email at the beginning of March, but this email says that I have been awarded the SMART scholarship and need to confirm that I will be participating.

I am sure this is a joke since I received the semifinalist notification in Feb 7 though I am just a final SMART award rejectee.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
This makes me question the sign significance of the Temp close error.
I found this in the recipient board:

"I received the award last year and we had a similar thing happen. It would seem that people who received the "Its down" message received the award and if it said user name invalid, you didn't. What I'm assuming happens is that if you get the scholarship they put your info in the system and if not then they don't put you in, hence why it says it doesn't recognize username and password. They add people little by little, so until its officially released, its still possible for you to get it. If it says invalid username then it may just mean they haven't added you yet, or it means you didn't get it at all."

I don't know if that helps at all.

Unamused

Post by Unamused »

Your trolling is greatly unappreciated.