temp closed??

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
anon123

temp closed??

Post by anon123 »

So I arrived on this forum pretty late, and am confused about the temporary closed thing. Can someone explain that??

Ghost

Re: temp closed??

Post by Ghost »

It's a meaningless error. Don't take it as an indication as to wether or not you're being awarded.

Anon5

Post by Anon5 »

Ghost wrote:It's a meaningless error. Don't take it as an indication as to wether or not you're being awarded.
If you error is red, you didn't get the first round of awards. If your error is green you did.

NotTeue

Post by NotTeue »

Anon5 wrote:
Ghost wrote:It's a meaningless error. Don't take it as an indication as to wether or not you're being awarded.
If you error is red, you didn't get the first round of awards. If your error is green you did.
That's not true. SMART says it's meaningless.

Post by guest »

NotTeue wrote:
Anon5 wrote:
That's not true. SMART says it's meaningless.
They said it was meaningless last year as well, but I think it is pretty well established that isn't the case.

gayhsadf

Post by gayhsadf »

guest wrote: They said it was meaningless last year as well, but I think it is pretty well established that isn't the case.

Then why is everyone getting the temp closed message?

Anon5

Post by Anon5 »

gayhsadf wrote:
guest wrote: They said it was meaningless last year as well, but I think it is pretty well established that isn't the case.

(1)The kind of people who spend a lot of time on this forum are also the people most likely receive it.

(2)I'm getting the red incorrect password message, as well as ,any others.

Ghoasd1

Post by Ghoasd1 »

Anon5 wrote:
gayhsadf wrote:

(1)The kind of people who spend a lot of time on this forum are also the people most likely receive it.

So you're not getting the temp closed message?

Anon5

Post by Anon5 »

Ghoasd1 wrote:
Anon5 wrote:
gayhsadf wrote:

So you're not getting the temp closed message?
Yes.

TheresHope

Post by TheresHope »

So me, getting the temp closed message, will probably be awarded?

Anon5

Post by Anon5 »

TheresHope wrote:So me, getting the temp closed message, will probably be awarded?
Yes. If you understand a traffic light, then you understand the status of your award.

SameGuest

Post by SameGuest »

Anon5 wrote:
TheresHope wrote:So me, getting the temp closed message, will probably be awarded?
Yes. If you understand a traffic light, then you understand the status of your award.
I honestly want to believe it and be excited, but I feel that it's too soon to tell. I'm also worried that I'll get my hopes up and end up not being awarded.

anon123

Post by anon123 »

I'm still hoping they release the emails tomorrow so we can see if our speculations are actually true

Post by Guest »

anon123 wrote:I'm still hoping they release the emails tomorrow so we can see if our speculations are actually true
Hey, it was Thursday at 4:30 last year. Don't give up on it being today till 5.

Prophet of Truth

Post by Prophet of Truth »

I have a distinct feeling they're not coming out today.

MaybeTomorrow

Post by MaybeTomorrow »

Any guesses on it happening tomorrow?

Prophet of Regret

Post by Prophet of Regret »

Highly doubt it. I think we're not going to find out until next Thursday/Friday

SMARTRejectee

Post by SMARTRejectee »

Prophet of Regret wrote:Highly doubt it. I think we're not going to find out until next Thursday/Friday
I wish the decisions to be released later. But anyway, I have enough rejections so I do not care about one more.

N/(N+1) ~ 1 for N>>1.

Post by Guest »

SMARTRejectee wrote:
Prophet of Regret wrote:Highly doubt it. I think we're not going to find out until next Thursday/Friday
I wish the decisions to be released later. But anyway, I have enough rejections so I do not care about one more.

N/(N+1) ~ 1 for N>>1.
Nothing is set yet. The Great Journey has yet to begin.

Post by guest »

SMARTRejectee wrote:

N/(N+1) ~ 1 for N>>1.
Or maybe 1-(1-x)^N~Nx

But since x is 0, the chance of not getting rejected by all is 0, independent of the number of application.

Post by Guest »

Okay, so a couple of things. First off I don't think the whole error message thing means anything and here is why. I just tried to log on from my computer and did not get either message. Instead it acted like it was logging on and then I got a computer script page that looks like gibberish. I had had this happen during the application process and I just used my Ipad when that happened and it worked fine. I did the same thing this time, and again did not get either message but was able to log on just fine. My application is listed as completed and submitted. So I don't think we will know for sure until it happens. Though I do want to know, has anyone else has tried logging on from a different device?

AwardsPage

Post by AwardsPage »

We are getting the errors on the awards page not the application page. I'm able to log into my application just fine.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Okay, so a couple of things. First off I don't think the whole error message thing means anything and here is why. I just tried to log on from my computer and did not get either message. Instead it acted like it was logging on and then I got a computer script page that looks like gibberish. I had had this happen during the application process and I just used my Ipad when that happened and it worked fine. I did the same thing this time, and again did not get either message but was able to log on just fine. My application is listed as completed and submitted. So I don't think we will know for sure until it happens. Though I do want to know, has anyone else has tried logging on from a different device?

https://smart.asee.org/award

Post by guest »

What's the likeliness of this actually being true???

Post by guest »

guest wrote:What's the likeliness of this actually being true???
somewhere between 0% and 100%, I reckon.