Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
smart2017

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Post by smart2017 »

You guys need to calm down and stop with all these speculations. What make you guys think that the applicants who received the error message are not the ones who will not get awards?

Post by Guest »

smart2017 wrote:You guys need to calm down and stop with all these speculations. What make you guys think that the applicants who received the error message are not the ones who will not get awards?
That's what's making me so upset about all this back and forth. Yes it means something most likely, but everyone acts like they know everything and no one really knows!!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I have the temp closed message And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be awarded.
Why do you think that? I bet you're awesome and i hope you're suprised and get it!!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I have the temp closed message And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be awarded.
Why do you think that? I bet you're awesome and i hope you're suprised and get it!!!
Not the person you originally responded to, but after not getting a single interview or any sort of sign, I'm basically resigned to not getting it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Not the person you originally responded to, but after not getting a single interview or any sort of sign, I'm basically resigned to not getting it.
There is more than one person with this same response?! My either one could be a yes or no feels have grown stronger. I do however know they hire without interviews so I think you're also fantastic and might have gotten it :)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
There is more than one person with this same response?! My either one could be a yes or no feels have grown stronger. I do however know they hire without interviews so I think you're also fantastic and might have gotten it :)
It's nice knowing I'm not the only one :) Just with enough other things going south this year, I'm ready to just tack this onto the list of failures.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's nice knowing I'm not the only one :) Just with enough other things going south this year, I'm ready to just tack this onto the list of failures.
Maybe this will be a great turning point for you!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maybe this will be a great turning point for you!
I can only hope. Getting a break from the rest of life would be nice.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I can only hope. Getting a break from the rest of life would be nice.
If you don't end up getting it, please just remember you made it so far and a random other college person is proud of you!!!!

Incorrect

Post by Incorrect »

Can someone with the incorrect username and pass error try to reset their password on the awards page? Does it send you an email or does it say your email doesn't exist?

Post by Guest »

Incorrect wrote:Can someone with the incorrect username and pass error try to reset their password on the awards page? Does it send you an email or does it say your email doesn't exist?
It sends the email, but trying to reset it gives a database error.

Post by Guest »

Incorrect wrote:Can someone with the incorrect username and pass error try to reset their password on the awards page? Does it send you an email or does it say your email doesn't exist?
sends me an email.

Then when I click the link and put in a new password it gives me "unexplained error"

So...the email is in the system still.

Guwstt

Post by Guwstt »

What's the error say? Also what about those with the temp closed message? What's it saying?

Post by Guest »

Guwstt wrote:What's the error say? -snip-
Basically just "there was an error with the database, we're looking into it."

Post by Guest »

I HAVE A NEW UPDATE

if I put in a email address I didn't use it says "this email is not found in the database"

therefore everyones email is in the awards database.

Tmpclosed

Post by Tmpclosed »

What about for those with the temp closed message?

Post by Guest »

We're sorry but something went wrong

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look shortly.

That's the password reset error.

Post by Guest »

So username/pass reset error: There was a database error
Temp closed reset error: There was an error. We are looking into it.

Also, is the reset form the same for both the awards page and application page? That might be why those who are with the incorrect username/pass error might be still getting the email.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So username/pass reset error: There was a database error
Temp closed reset error: There was an error. We are looking into it.

Also, is the reset form the same for both the awards page and application page? That might be why those who are with the incorrect username/pass error might be still getting the email.
I can change my password without the error on my original application. So I don't think they're connected anymore.

Post by Guest »

Basically we both seem to end up with there is an error we're looking into it.

CanSomeoneVerify

Post by CanSomeoneVerify »

Can someone verify that the messages are different among the two groups though? Because if those with the incorrect username/pass error are getting a database error their their accounts don't exist. If the ones with the temp closed error are getting something else then their accounts may exist. If we are all getting the same error then there is something else going on.

Post by Guest »

Okay, the no email associated at all error is "The email adress xxxx@xxx.xxx has no account associate with it"

The sign in error is "either the email address or password you entered is incorrect"

The password reset error is the exact wording I just posted.

Can someone post the exact wording you get for the temporarily closed one? and also if you reset your password what happens ?

Post by Guest »

to be clear nothing I got for incorrect username/password has said anything about a database error. Its just a we're sorry but something went wrong.

NewGuest

Post by NewGuest »

Guest wrote:Okay, the no email associated at all error is "The email adress xxxx@xxx.xxx has no account associate with it"

The sign in error is "either the email address or password you entered is incorrect"

The password reset error is the exact wording I just posted.

Can someone post the exact wording you get for the temporarily closed one? and also if you reset your password what happens ?
What was the exact error? There are a lot of guests on this forum. Also, please quote this message so new posters can see.

guest1

Post by guest1 »

NewGuest wrote: Okay, the no email associated at all error is "The email adress xxxx@xxx.xxx has no account associate with it"

Exact Password reset error. "We're sorry but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

What was the exact error? There are a lot of guests on this forum. Also, please quote this message so new posters can see.