Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
TGues

Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Post by TGues »

Anyone else getting this message when they try to log into the award portal or are you still getting "incorrect username/pass" error?

RGuest

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Post by RGuest »

That is the same error i got.

TGues

Post by TGues »

The unavailable or the incorrect username/pass error?

Post by Guest »

Isn't this a good sign though? Shouldn't we still be getting the incorrect username/pass errors?

taocos123

Post by taocos123 »

Still seems to say email/pw incorrect for me.

Post by guest »

I also got "temporarily closed." I used to get incorrect but now I"m getting this message which is different. Any thoughts?

Post by Guest »

For those of you who get the temp page. Did you get recommended or interviewed?

Post by Guest »

I'm still getting the incorrect username/password one. Idk what it means though :(

Post by Guest »

I am also getting "The SMART Award Portal is temporarily closed" which is different from incorrect username/password from a few weeks ago.

Post by Guest »

I used to get incorrect email/pw. Now I get the new message saying the portal is temporarily closed. I was interviewed by an SF but they did not say whether or not they'd recommend me.

eruwaedhiel

Post by eruwaedhiel »

I also am now getting the new error message. I was interviewed by 2 SFs and was recommended by at least one.

Post by guest »

I still have access to the application

abm guy

Post by abm guy »

I also still have access to the application.

eruwaedhiel

Post by eruwaedhiel »

Me too.

ForensicMS

Post by ForensicMS »

I also have the temporarily closed message for the award portal. I did get an interview for one facility, but they were not upfront in recommending me.

Post by Guest »

You would think they would've fixed this telegraphing problem since last year. I wonder if this means they are going to release the awards early. Seems weird that it's happening on a Saturday though.
For the record, I'm currently getting "temporarily closed" and I was told by an SF that I would be recommended.

Post by Guest »

Well if everyone is getting this error then it's not an indication of if we got it or not. As bad as this may sound -.. Can someone confirm that they are still getting the incorrect username/pass error on the awards page?

MRiddle

Post by MRiddle »

Guest wrote:Well if everyone is getting this error then it's not an indication of if we got it or not. As bad as this may sound -.. Can someone confirm that they are still getting the incorrect username/pass error on the awards page?
Not everybody is getting that message. I am still getting "incorrect un/pw". I did not receive any interviews. You should feel confident that you are a recipient.

Post by guest »

If you are getting the temporarily closed message, then you are likely getting an award. Those of us still receiving the incorrect password message can only hope that they are not done issuing awards. That is my guess, otherwise there is no reason to wait so long to notify people. Last year, the site began to change on a Friday and notifications were issued the following Thursday. This year, the site began to change yesterday, we will see if they notify people by Thursday.

taco123

Post by taco123 »

Well this is kind sad. Had an interview that went well, guess I didn't make the cut.

It was nice speaking with all you guys and I hope I have better luck next year.

EE_CE Guy

Post by EE_CE Guy »

My SF called me and told me I was their selection for this year’s SMART Program, and I am still getting the incorrect username/password error. So I would give it a little more time before you thrown in the towel.

Post by Guest »

EE_CE Guy wrote:My SF called me and told me I was their selection for this year’s SMART Program, and I am still getting the incorrect username/password error. So I would give it a little more time before you thrown in the towel.
you give me hope. I want this sooooo bad!!! (as does everyone, but those getting temp closed made me really sad)

Post by Guest »

Question to those getting that the portal is closed, can you still log into your original applications? As someone getting the incorrect username/password I can still see my initial application and change contact information.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Question to those getting that the portal is closed, can you still log into your original applications? As someone getting the incorrect username/password I can still see my initial application and change contact information.
Yes, we can. Applications appear to be open for everyone, nor do I anticipate that changing. Right now, they seem to be entering recipients into the award portal, which is entirely separate from the application portal. Historically speaking, the applications shouldn't be touched until they are deleted en masse at the end of this entire process.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Question to those getting that the portal is closed, can you still log into your original applications? As someone getting the incorrect username/password I can still see my initial application and change contact information.
Yes, we can. Applications appear to be open for everyone, nor do I anticipate that changing. Right now, they seem to be entering recipients into the award portal, which is entirely separate from the application portal. Historically speaking, the applications shouldn't be touched until they are deleted en masse at the end of this entire process.
Do we assume then they're going down some sort of list in some order and they may announce next week? But those who are incorrect username/password still have time to be entered?

Has anyone received the follow-up phone calls about multiple offers?