Part time last semester

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Guestguest

Part time last semester

Post by Guestguest »

Hi all,
I've reviewed my degree plan and it looks like my final semester I'll only need 8or 9 credits of classes, when full time is 12.
Would the program be ok with that, only being one semester?

EliosHarg

Re: Part time last semester

Post by EliosHarg »

Having just viewed the orientation, it states that you have to be full-time even if in your last semester and only needing less than the full-time status minimum credits. So, I think you will still have to take some extra classes to fill your minimum.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

While technically you'd only go on probation if this was a one time thing I would not suggest risking it the very last semester of your degree. It's too much of a risk that they say no you're out and make you pay back all the scholarship money.

Guestguest

Post by Guestguest »

So would they be ok with paying for an extra class not on the degree plan just to make it full time?

EliosHarg

Post by EliosHarg »

Yes. However, I would contact SMART and let them know the situation and, perhaps, your SF to get a recommendation for a good elective(s) to take that could be useful.

guest345453

Post by guest345453 »

You can loop SMART in if you want, or you could just take a fun 3 hour class of your choosing. I wouldn't feel any obligation.