Internship Form and Clearance

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
WorriedIntern

Internship Form and Clearance

Post by WorriedIntern »

Has anyone heard anything back regarding their Internship Request Form, or from their security clearance?

I am getting worried that since my clearance hasn’t been approved yet that I won’t be able to make it for the internship. I need to start planning financially for the summe, so any insight would be great. For past scholars, when did you find out about your internship? And when do first ISP payments come in?

kbl2017

Re: Internship Form and Clearance

Post by kbl2017 »

I would just assume/budget as though you're not getting an support payments. Continue living without that extra $1000 a week. That is your worst case. No one has gotten their form back and you can still do basic things without clearance at most places.

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

I have received my form back. Just an FYI. But my facility has been incredible and has been working with me since August to insure everything with SMART goes through in time.

WorriedIntern

Post by WorriedIntern »

CSMajor wrote:I have received my form back. Just an FYI. But my facility has been incredible and has been working with me since August to insure everything with SMART goes through in time.
May I ask, what branch and facility you are sponsored by? It is my understanding that the service liaison has to approve it, so that could be causing the delay.

Post by Guest »

Anybody other than CS get this form back yet?

Intern

Post by Intern »

Guest wrote:Anybody other than CS get this form back yet?
I have gotten the form back, I’m a bio masters student for the army.

Guest777

Post by Guest777 »

Guest wrote:Anybody other than CS get this form back yet?
Undergrad Mechanical student working with the Army and I still have not gotten the form back. I assume everything is fine because the SF sent me an email recently telling me about the first day of the internship.

WorriedIntern

Post by WorriedIntern »

Received my approved Internship letter this morning. The ISPs are being paid on 4/20 ;), 5/18, and 6/15 for those that are wondering.

Guest 1

Post by Guest 1 »

Thanks for the update! Did you receive it by mail or email? Still waiting on mine

Post by Guest »

Am I the only one still waiting for this internship form?

guest777

Post by guest777 »

Guest wrote:Am I the only one still waiting for this internship form?
Nope, I am still waiting. I start my internship mid May... less than a month from now.