Anyone not gotten an interview?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
stemnerd

Anyone not gotten an interview?

Post by stemnerd »

If I haven't gotten an interview is there any chance I could still get the scholarship? Do some facilities not interview? Or has anyone know someone who got the scholarship without an interview?

stemnerd

Re: Anyone not gotten an interview?

Post by stemnerd »

To clarify, I did receive the semifinalist notification.

stemnerd

Post by stemnerd »

and I am a sophomore undergraduate applicant

currentsmart

Post by currentsmart »

It is still possible for you to get the scholarship without an interview. Last year, there were some scholars chosen without interviews, you might want to check out threads from last year. Interviews depend solely on the SF's preference.

The only way to know for sure is too wait for announcements, which is really frustrating. Hopefully they will come out soon.

Good luck!

Guest665

Post by Guest665 »

I'm in the same boat. I never got a call after the semi-finalist announcement. I'm guessing a SF could have a good idea who we are. For example I'm serving in the military and I had a General write a recommendation letter. So they guess how my work ethics and the way I am because of those things. But that's just me guessing. But I wish the best for all of us!

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I haven't heard anything yet, just the semi-finalist email. I'm a M.S. student, had a former recipient recommend me, am local to the facility I applied to, have an active secret clearance, and currently work for a contractor that the government frequently recruits from. From what I've read it seems the earliest we'll hear anything might be the end of next week, but apparently last year took until May to hear the first round of offers.