Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
malarious

Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

Post by malarious »

Hi all!

As I have posted before, I am living in Japan for study abroad till around May. I do not know where I will live when I get back right now, might land at mother's house and then move from there. What I am wondering is how they handle Internship Support Payments when you do not have a clear address? Do I tell them my address is Japan, or parents house, or tell them it is unclear and update it when I get a proper living location?

Thanks!

CSMajor

Re: Living Situation and Internship Support Payments

Post by CSMajor »

Have You even gotten your clearance back? I wouldn’t worry about the internship until you get that. My investigation is going on month 6 and I’m starting to doubt I’ll have it back in time.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

CSMajor wrote:Have You even gotten your clearance back? I wouldn’t worry about the internship until you get that. My investigation is going on month 6 and I’m starting to doubt I’ll have it back in time.
You'll only need interim clearance for the internship.

@Malarious I'm planning to put my parents address. My guess is the paperwork will have very specific wording though. It'll probably be "Home address" "Current Address" or "School address"

MaybeHelpful

Post by MaybeHelpful »

kbl2017 wrote:@Malarious I'm planning to put my parents address. My guess is the paperwork will have very specific wording though. It'll probably be "Home address" "Current Address" or "School address"
In the past it would say Academic Address or Permanent Address on most forms. If you don't have a clear permanent address I would use whatever is on your driver's license, as in the eyes of the government that is your legal permanent address.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

MaybeHelpful wrote:
kbl2017 wrote:@Malarious I'm planning to put my parents address. My guess is the paperwork will have very specific wording though. It'll probably be "Home address" "Current Address" or "School address"
In the past it would say Academic Address or Permanent Address on most forms. If you don't have a clear permanent address I would use whatever is on your driver's license, as in the eyes of the government that is your legal permanent address.
What Maybe helpful said! Home Address/parents address meaning permanent. I imagine school address has to be the address of your actual school not your study abroad school. Is one of your addresses within the 50 miles? Is that why you asked?

malarious

Post by malarious »

Thanks for the answers.

My school is within 50 miles. My expected address when I return isn't, but that isn't set in stone itself as of yet.

EDIT: No response yet on the clearance, but I assumed interim clearance in the meantime.