Tattoos?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
guesttiger

Tattoos?

Post by guesttiger »

This is a weird topic, but does any one know if tattoos are a means for letting someone go after they've accepted the scholarship? I'm considering getting one but I'm not sure if that could jeopardize anything.

abm guy

Re: Tattoos?

Post by abm guy »

From orientation at the SF, we were told to dress and act professionally. It was all basic information, what to wear, how to act, whats forbidden. As long as the tattoo is in a discreet location and you can keep it covered up, I don't see it being an issue.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

I asked about hair color and my SF said it's totally fine, we're just like any other company. So I really assume unless your tattoo is on your face, or inappropriate, or really somewhere that can't be easily covered by normal clothing or a bracelet or something if need be you'll be fine.

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

I have a full sleeve in the working and my SF doesn't have a problem with it. I'll just have to do my best to ensure I remain professionally dressed, and if that means covering then I don't have a problem. I wouldn't worry about this at all, unless you're wanting a tattoo of something inappropriate.

superguest

Post by superguest »

i wouldn't worry about getting inked, or covering it up if/when you do. your reputation at your SF will be dictated by your abilities, work ethic, attitude and whether or not you occasionally bring in donuts.

for the record, i regularly roll in to my SF with new piercings etc, and i never bring in donuts. i'm a badass though.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

superguest wrote:i wouldn't worry about getting inked, or covering it up if/when you do. your reputation at your SF will be dictated by your abilities, work ethic, attitude and whether or not you occasionally bring in donuts.

for the record, i regularly roll in to my SF with new piercings etc, and i never bring in donuts. i'm a badass though.
You never bring donuts? :cry:

superguest

Post by superguest »

no donuts!