Publications and Presentations

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
rappybrown

Publications and Presentations

Post by rappybrown »

Hello, I am a freshman applying for the smart scholarship. Obviously, being a freshman, I am already at a very steep disadvantage due to my lack of research experience. However, I would like to do whatever I can to increase my chances at receiving the scholarship. Would it be acceptable and worth my time to begin recording my research project presentations that I present at college. They are about 15 minutes long and I believe them to be very professional and well done. However, I do not know if they would like to see videos of me speaking rather than actual publications, as I do not have any publications.
Thanks, Chase

Smart hopeful

Re: Publications and Presentations

Post by Smart hopeful »

I believe they only want actual publications. Most undergrads aren't going to have this anyways because that's more of a post-grad thing. You'll want to make sure you list any relevant experience in all other areas though.

kbl2017

Re: Publications and Presentations

Post by kbl2017 »

They only want actual publications, available on a website for a professional society, company or the likes. I didn't have anything like that as a senior either.