For 2017 SMART Rejectees

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
SMARTRejectee

For 2017 SMART Rejectees

Post by SMARTRejectee »

I create this post for the rejectees after the SMART sends out the award notifications. You can cry or rant in this post.

Re: For 2017 SMART Rejectees

Post by Guest »

The wait has already done that to me, cant get much worse.

Particle-Fever

Post by Particle-Fever »

Guest wrote:The wait has already done that to me, cant get much worse.
Hey man. I see your pains too. This year SMART delays everything. I know I am not gonna get award but I still hope that they can release earlier. Also, it looks like this year a lot of high GPA guys getting rejected. Maybe it is just because of match factor :/

chlo-ball

Post by chlo-ball »

have awards actually been sent out?

Post by Guest »

chlo-ball wrote:have awards actually been sent out?

Yes about 45 minutes ago.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

No they didn't this place would be abuzz if they had.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

proof??

Post by Guest »

theres no proof because it hasnt happened

SMARTRejectee

Post by SMARTRejectee »

Rejected as expected:

Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Defense Education Program. The Department of Defense will be continuing to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in making an award to you at a later date you will be notified.

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2017 application cycle. Please consider reapplying in the future if applicable to your academic situation. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

American Society for Engineering Education
1818 N St. NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
https://www.smartscholarship.org/
smart@asee.org

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

SMARTRejectee wrote:Rejected as expected:

Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Defense Education Program. The Department of Defense will be continuing to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in making an award to you at a later date you will be notified.

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2017 application cycle. Please consider reapplying in the future if applicable to your academic situation. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

1818 N St. NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
smart@asee.org
same

SMartRejectee

Post by SMartRejectee »

guest_ne wrote:

1818 N St. NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
smart@asee.org
same

But you get Temp Closed don't you??? Maybe you are waitlisted.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

SMartRejectee wrote:
guest_ne wrote:

1818 N St. NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
smart@asee.org
same

But you get Temp Closed don't you??? Maybe you are waitlisted.
yep i had temp closed... still says temp closed. i hope im waitlisted

scheffc

Post by scheffc »

This was poorly executed. I received that same email and didn't receive the award email from my sponsoring facility until June 1st (23 days later)! Good luck next year to those who didn't receive it this go round.

govt guy

Post by govt guy »

So, what I am about to say is based upon a conversation with a govt guy who selects people. He said: "SMART has a lot of great candidates, and it seems that govt folks tend to pick the top ten, meaning everyone picks the top 10 - even though the top 1000 are awesome. Since everyone ask for the same folks, a lot of slots go unfilled."

guidance to applicants, if you really want a scholarship, and you know where you want to work, suggest you make contacts with people at that facility. That way they can look for you in the database when the call comes out. Like everything else in life, you have to make it easy for them to get what you want.