Sponsor Letter

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
guest123

Sponsor Letter

Post by guest123 »

Has anyone received a sponsor letter from SMART about tuition. I was told they would send them out in late July, but I still haven't received anything.

DifferentGuest

Re: Sponsor Letter

Post by DifferentGuest »

guest123 wrote:Has anyone received a sponsor letter from SMART about tuition. I was told they would send them out in late July, but I still haven't received anything.
I haven't yet. In the past we've always been given them by mid- to late- July.

I am assuming that since award notifications went out later this year, it likely delayed steps like the site visits and onboarding, and therefore the letter's will come out later. I would expect them early August, since it will give them a week or two from when the onboarding was due to sort out any remaining issues people had, and then generate all the letters for us.

smarttyyy

Post by smarttyyy »

I emailed SMART about the letters (financial office is breathing down my neck) and SMART said they are sending them out this week.

guest123

Post by guest123 »

I just checked in the award portal and the sponsor letter was there.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Question to this - My letter is addressed to a specific person at my school. Are you guys just sending it to that specific person???

Post by Guest »

kbl2017 wrote:Question to this - My letter is addressed to a specific person at my school. Are you guys just sending it to that specific person???
I'm just taking it to the appropriate office

DifferentGuest

Post by DifferentGuest »

kbl2017 wrote:Question to this - My letter is addressed to a specific person at my school. Are you guys just sending it to that specific person???
In the past we've been told to send it to our school's Bursar's office. For me, this year it was addressed to my school's veteran benefits coordinator. I emailed the letter to the specific person it was addressed to and CC'd my financial aid office. I will probably follow up with the financial aid office directly, if I never hear back from the addressee.