Award length decrease request - short notice

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
ready2graduate

Award length decrease request - short notice

Post by ready2graduate »

I was originally planning to graduate next May (Spring 2015), but I have just been informed that it is possible for me to graduate this December instead. I am looking into pursuing this option because I am tired of school and eager to begin Phase II.

I am wondering if anyone has requested an award decrease with short notice like this before? I've read multiple threads about award increase requests, but I'm wondering if they would be more accommodating since I am actually saving them money, even though I will only be able to give ~60 days notice as opposed to the minimum 150 days stated in the handbook.

If I have documentation from my SF saying that they can hire me early and documentation from my school saying that I can graduate early, how likely is it that SMART will just go along with it? Also, I'm hoping to receive a commensurate decrease in my commitment time.

Please share if you have any advice on short notice award change requests and/or award decrease requests. Thanks!

larry

Re: Award length decrease request - short notice

Post by larry »

I will be interested to hear what the SMART program office says, as this is a "no-brainer". If the SF wants you, and you can get there early it should be straight forward. What service/what SF?

OTOH... They (the sponsoring facility) needs to start on-boarding you and getting the HRO and Security folks working it.

Ask Thursday and report back on what they say.

Larry