Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC) Huntsville

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC) Huntsville

Postby guest123 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Has anyone had Space and Missile Defense command as their sponsoring facility? If so, I would greatly appreciate some general information such as:

-How is living in Huntsville? (anything interesting to do outside of work)
-Is the job/work interesting or enjoyable?
-Is the work you're doing at SMDC during internships applicable to your graduate studies (i.e. will it contribute to your thesis/dissertation or is it unrelated?)

Thanks in advance!
guest123

Re: Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC) Huntsville

Postby Larry_52 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:16 pm

I sponsor work at SMDC and they are a highly competent and innovative Command.

That said, what matters is who you are working for (by name) and what he/she will have you working on.

Huntsville is a remarkably nice place, but if you are moving there and have a choice, you should fly/drive/crawl there first and take a look around.
Larry_52

Return to Recipients