urgent - SPAWAR

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
math_PhD

urgent - SPAWAR

Post by math_PhD »

I may have an opportunity to switch facilities to SPAWAR - Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (Navy). Can anybody tell me anything about it?

Re: urgent - SPAWAR

Post by Guest »

Have you tried asking if you can speak to the facility contact?

Google makes it sound like it could have some cool projects.

math_PhD

Post by math_PhD »

I have a personal contact there, and today I will talk on the phone with a SMART scholar who is placed there. Sounds pretty cool so far. Hopefully things will work out, fingers crossed.

madashell

Post by madashell »

I am also interested in SPAWARS. They are located in the San Diego area.

I see they are do procurement for the NAVY, but require a Top Secret SCI.

I am trying to find out if they actually do any software development or math analysis
or is it just management of subcontractors.

If anyone knows ?

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know if they have any programming work. I am thinking about this site, but I am concerned the work
might be IT networking. Let me know.

anonymous7

Post by anonymous7 »

SPAWAR does have software development/programming positions. They are nearly ALL Java though. So if you're a Java developer you're good to go. If you're a .NET developer or any other language, you might want to look somewhere else. They do have other projects that use other languages, but they are VERY few and far between.

jjm390

Post by jjm390 »

anonymous7 wrote:SPAWAR does have software development/programming positions. They are nearly ALL Java though. So if you're a Java developer you're good to go. If you're a .NET developer or any other language, you might want to look somewhere else. They do have other projects that use other languages, but they are VERY few and far between.
I just had an interview with SPAWAR, and they are actively looking for Computer Science people who can program something other than Java/Matlab/R. I was told they are trying to "round out" their programming talent.